Your software
Mautic version is : v4.4.10, WordPress, OptimizePress
My PHP version is : 8.0
My MySQL/MariaDB version is : 10.3.39-MariaDB

ISSUE

• I am using VPS with CyberPanel
  • Using WordPress + OptimizePress on my main domain
  • Using Mautic on sub-domain
  • Trying to connect OptimizePress & Mautic using their API connector but not working

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :

• One of the suggestions was to open ports #80 & #443 to allow connection between main domain & sub-domain
  • I added these ports in my CyberPanel as exceptions (to keep it open) but the API connection between WordPress (OptimizePress) & Mautic is not working
  • Is there any specific port that I have to open to make the API connection possible? How do I find it?

Any idea? Please suggest

A few things:

1. Check the API is turned on and you have cleared the cache after switching it on
  2. Check you’re not getting blocked by a Wordpress security plugin like Wordfence - we see that a lot.
  3. Make sure you’re not getting interference from mod_security or similar such server-side settings

Then, please check your Mautic logs and see if there’s any errors in the logs - likewise the logs at the WordPress end, and report those back.

Thanks for the suggestions
#1) API is turned on & cache is cleared
#2) Security Plugin is disabled
#3) mod_security is not installed on my VPS yet

The input I got from OptimizePress is that it

This makes me think there could be something on the WordPress or hosting side of things that doesn’t like that connection.

Any idea which port is generally used to sync data in & out or Mautic via API?