API for campaigns broken?

I experimented a bit with the API to create campaigns.

I used the data JSON of an existing one and send it to the API. The new campaign was created, but:
1.) all the nodes of the campaign ended up top left on the canvas (they still have the x,y coordinates, when I read the just created campaign via the API),
2.) they were not connected, although I send the “connections part” via API JSON payload (that is still inside the JSON payload when I read it again).

I wonder what the:

• campaignID within some events (long random string starting with “mautic_”) and sometimes the real short campaignID, and
  • “_token” fields are used for and how they are generated.

Not supplying them ends up with error 400 trying to create the campaign.

Did someone successfully create a new campaign via API in the past? How did Maestro(?) do it - was it via API or via a Plugin with direct database access?

Hmm. Works for me. If the json is fine, it should show properly.

1 Like

Mhm, the problem is, the API doesn’t tell much about what went wrong…
How do you know that the JSON is fine?

So when you do it, the connections / links are working and the node don’t end up top left?

I have the same issue. Was you able to figure anything out how this works?

Okay I might have it figured out. I am doing all of the connections using N8N, What i noticed was the connections array was not matching up with the event IDs due to mautic setting them, so what I did was add a Patch node and edit the campaign an update the source and target ids. I will publish a N8N campaign once i am done

I have the same problem. Has anyone figured out how to resolve this? Is there an example json?