Assets do not save in diff local folder

I’ve changed assets location on the local server to : /var/www/html/mautic/app/…/media/images

Images are not saving there. I’ve tried logging out/in, and restarting httpd. I’m running on my own linux server. No messages in the log. If this is a known issue with a solution please let me know. But for the real reason for wanting to change that folder please read on.

The real issue is that when user is designing a landing page, and they want to add an image from Assets, they don’t have access to the assets folder, they only have access to the /media/files folder where the flags are. Assets feature is the only way to get materials directly into Mautic. It’s not apparent to user to use the file selector (image browse etc.) feature to upload, plus that duplicates the effort, say, if they have a picture of a product in Assets already. This is also an issue in the builder, if you drag-drop assets to the landing page designer, it just saves a file reference but doesn’t include the actual image. So, in short, the question is how does a user get an image or change an image easily on a landing page?

Short term solution would be to change the Image Insert capability; from edit-page image browse-server option to enable changing folders (now it locks user into the /media/files). A longer term solution would be to allow user-friendly options considering the Assets or a sub-level menu of Assets where user might keep specific files like logos etc… be able to insert images from builder, and from the html editor.

Thanks,

I’ve changed assets location on the local server to : /var/www/html/mautic/app/…/media/images
Images are not saving there. I’ve tried logging out/in, and restarting httpd. I’m running on my own linux server. No messages in the log. If this is a known issue with a solution please let me know. But for the real reason for wanting to change that folder please read on.

The real issue is that when user is designing a landing page, and they want to add an image from Assets, they don’t have access to the assets folder, they only have access to the /media/files folder where the flags are. Assets feature is the only way to get materials directly into Mautic. It’s not apparent to user to use the file selector (image browse etc.) feature to upload, plus that duplicates the effort, say, if they have a picture of a product in Assets already. This is also an issue in the builder, if you drag-drop assets to the landing page designer, it just saves a file reference but doesn’t include the actual image. So, in short, the question is how does a user get an image or change an image easily on a landing page?

Short term solution would be to change the Image Insert capability; from edit-page image browse-server option to enable changing folders (now it locks user into the /media/files). A longer term solution would be to allow user-friendly options considering the Assets or a sub-level menu of Assets where user might keep specific files like logos etc… be able to insert images from builder, and from the html editor.

Thanks,

Even though you’ve described your issue extensively, I’m not sure if you know you can upload images through the HTML editor in the Page Builder directly. From this sentence I guess you know about it:

So you find it difficult? You’d wanted a drag&drop upload? If so, please, create a new feature request at Issues · mautic/mautic · GitHub .

Assets are meant to be used as downloadable files. Not as an image/media manager.

It’s not that I find it difficult, it’s not apparent to the user that there’s a feature to upload files – through file selector. Yes I know about it… My immediate perception was that that’s why assets were built… Users don’t have an easy way (as in assets) to include their logos and other files for content building. I’m not talking about ease of drag-drop, but getting to a common place to work with your media files, media files are key to building good content, so assets would be a perfect place, but not working as needed in our case, by your definition I suppose they’re mostly for attachments or downloads… not sure what the use-case would be for downloading, but when building landing pages, e-mails, etc. a reference to display files is needed not attached or linked to…

I think I understand now. In Mautic world, assets are meant to be the gift a lead gets for giving you some information. Read more about it in the docs:

https://www.mautic.org/docs/assets/index.html

Media manager is build directly into the editor which I think is better place to manage your images because you don’t have to go elsewhere to upload your image and then use it in a content. You can upload/select it directly in the editor. I personally find it easier.