Automatically associate existing customers with IP address.

Hi,

I’m a mautic rookie, have it setup (self hosted) and am starting to lay out some campaigns, lists, etc. For new leads I think I’m getting on top of it, after spending a bunch of time reading posts in here. Thanks all.

However, there’s one thing I haven’t been able to figure out yet. For my existing customers, I’d like to find a way to get them into Mautic as known leads with minimal effort on their part. I know I can import leads but that doesn’t tie them to an IP address and I’d rather not wait for them all to fill out a form before making the connection.

What I was thinking was when I send out newsletters or EDM’s to my customers (which I do already outside of Mautic) is it possible to embed a Lead ID (or some other identifying data) in the URL or even the tracking gif, so that when they click on a link andor download the tracking gif, mautic would automatically associate their IP with their Lead record?

I hope that makes sense. If this has already been discussed here, my apologies, I did spend a bunch of time looking and searching before posting this.

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi,

I’m a mautic rookie, have it setup (self hosted) and am starting to lay out some campaigns, lists, etc. For new leads I think I’m getting on top of it, after spending a bunch of time reading posts in here. Thanks all.

However, there’s one thing I haven’t been able to figure out yet. For my existing customers, I’d like to find a way to get them into Mautic as known leads with minimal effort on their part. I know I can import leads but that doesn’t tie them to an IP address and I’d rather not wait for them all to fill out a form before making the connection.

What I was thinking was when I send out newsletters or EDM’s to my customers (which I do already outside of Mautic) is it possible to embed a Lead ID (or some other identifying data) in the URL or even the tracking gif, so that when they click on a link andor download the tracking gif, mautic would automatically associate their IP with their Lead record?

I hope that makes sense. If this has already been discussed here, my apologies, I did spend a bunch of time looking and searching before posting this.

Cheers
Malcolm

I think maybe this https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/123-logged-in-users/0 will let me put their name/email as params on the tracking pixel in the newsletter I send out and have it update the fields in the lead.

Does anyone know if I can also update lead fields automatically from params on a URL in the email, so the same happens on click-thru?

Cheers
Malcolm

I created a redirect page for this purpose, pass parameters in the email, land them on a redirect form with the tracking pixel, then pass them on.

Hi @healthstatus

That’s interesting. Can you expand on that a little please? Are you taking the link params and substituting them into the tracking pixel on the redirect page, or have I misunderstood?

Cheers
Malcolm

Sure, we just have a simple php redirect script on our main website which grabs the url parameters off the url set in the email, and at the same time gets the IP address. So the parameters in the email url would be the encoded destination url (which gets put into a meta refresh tag), the email address. the only thing on the page is the mautic tracking pixel with the url of where you are redirecting to (if offsite), title of the page, and the email address set in the tracking pixel parameters. If you are not directing the users off your site, then the destination url and page title will be picked up once the redirect from the meta refresh occurs.

Thanks @healthstatus, that’s perfect. Appreciate the help.

Cheers
Malcolm