Capturing leads based on IP?

Hey there,

so I know Mautic has the ability to map an IP to a lead in the database. What I’m wondering is - what if a customer comes to our website (online for example) but doesn’t leave an email. Can Mautic still register that lead based on IP? If said customer returns later on and does subscribe to our email list, would Mautic be able to map the email to the IP it has originally registered?

I am trying to understand how Mautic captures leads. Is email the baseline or can Mautic capture leads solely based on IPs (without emails)?

thanks,

Johannes

Hey there,

so I know Mautic has the ability to map an IP to a lead in the database. What I’m wondering is - what if a customer comes to our website (online for example) but doesn’t leave an email. Can Mautic still register that lead based on IP? If said customer returns later on and does subscribe to our email list, would Mautic be able to map the email to the IP it has originally registered?

I am trying to understand how Mautic captures leads. Is email the baseline or can Mautic capture leads solely based on IPs (without emails)?

thanks,
Johannes

Simple answer is yes, Mautic will merge the lead activities based on their IP address.

Downside is that it makes problems when more contacts are tracked by Mautic from one IP address. That’s why we want to switch to some more reliable tracking ID.