Capturing Email IP

Hi there,

Here’s the scenario: I’ve received a phone call from a potential lead. I will set them up as a “contact” in mautic. I will then send my potential lead a “who we are” email and include links to our blog which further explains our process.

What i would like is to then click into the new leads contact and know which pages my new lead has visited within my website.

Is there some parameters I can append to my website URL that will allow mautic capture the users IP address?

Hi there,

Here’s the scenario: I’ve received a phone call from a potential lead. I will set them up as a “contact” in mautic. I will then send my potential lead a “who we are” email and include links to our blog which further explains our process.

What i would like is to then click into the new leads contact and know which pages my new lead has visited within my website.

Is there some parameters I can append to my website URL that will allow mautic capture the users IP address?

@michaelcolman , this doesn’t actually have anything to do with IP right?

This is simply about tracking leads and page views. Are you hosting the blog pages within a mautic environment (in which case, you basically get what you want for free). If not, someone can probably give a simple solution to get what you are after (@MxyzptlkFishStix and @ninjoan - I’m looking at you oh clever and wise ones).

If you really want to capture user IP addresses, again - Mautic does that for free out of the box when someone comes to a landing page. If you aren’t using mautic landing pages, you might need some clever code to post the IP and email address through and link that to your Mautic contact.

@michaelcolman

This comes out of the box. There are only two important things:

1. Your contact needs to be in Mautic
  2. You send him a pre-defined (template) email out of Mautic

Mautic will then record email opens, page hits and asset downloads.

@PeterTL
Thanks for your response. I was thinking that I would send the email from email client. But maybe you’re right, if I send that initial email from Mautic, it would get around what i’m trying to achieve.

@JoPitts
Thanks for your response. I have my blog hosted on a WordPress website. I think you’re right about the clever code. As i’m on the wordpress site i’ll look to see if there is a way we can write a script to post to a Gravity Forms which can then post to Mautic.

If I find a solution i’ll let you guys know.

Thanks.