Tracking not picking up page hit

Hi,

Excited by the potential of mautic and using it with my clients.

I am working on a test campaign checking it in stages as its put together. One of the actions is set to visit “page A” when I visit “page A” it’s not picking up the page hit resulting in the negative chain being followed.

I am using the mautic wordpress plugin.

Thanks

Alex

Hi,

Excited by the potential of mautic and using it with my clients.

I am working on a test campaign checking it in stages as its put together. One of the actions is set to visit “page A” when I visit “page A” it’s not picking up the page hit resulting in the negative chain being followed.

I am using the mautic wordpress plugin.

Thanks
Alex

Other than “Page A” is your tracking pixel working correctly?

Also have you tried this from any other IP address? I’m sure it’s probably just something simple.

Thanks,
David

@alexd, also make sure that you are not testing in the same browser that you are logged into Mautic with. Mautic may not track your page hit then as it excludes “logged in” sessions to prevent skewing the stats with “test” hits.

Otherwise, look at the details page for the lead you expect to have triggered the page hit, does it show with the expected URL in the timeline? Does it match the URL in the campaign’s page visit config?

Thanks!
Alan

@alanhartless.

I’ve tested it in a range of browsers. I was wrong the tracking pixel is working, but I have noticed the following.:

If client A opens the email in Gmail or hotmail, mautic assigns the ip associated with the email provider. For example 64.233.173.143 At April 26, 2015 4:15 pm, Accessed from IP. Mountain View, California, United States.

This means that when they click on the link contained in the email mautic is not linking the visit to client A. In my leads I have a visit from 14.200.24.140 Sydney Australia. Which is actually where client A is from. This means the campaign is not aware of Client A has visited the page and then proceeds to take the negative course of action.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

Gmail, and likely others, cache images and purposively mask the user’s IP address. Thus there is no way to obtain the real IP of the user if they open the email from Gmail’s web interface.

The link you are posting in the email, are you using a raw link or using a Mautic landing page and/or redirect token? If it’s a raw link, use a token instead. If it’s a Mautic landing page, use {pagelink=id} where ID is the id of the page you want, or if it’s an external link, use something like {externallink=https://google.com}. For the external link, a Mautic redirect URL will be used which will send the user through Mautic first, registering the lead and generating the cookies, then redirecting to the external url. That should ensure the right lead is tracked.

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,

I tried the following: {externallink=http://urliwantthemtogoto.com}, When click on the link it take me to my a 403 forbidden page on my mautic installation.

Have i created the toke correctly? If so how do i correct the 403 forbidden page to redirect the url?

Thanks

Alex

This was a long time ago but i’ve had the same problem today and I’ve solved with this: anchortext

Thanks for this Topic,

it works wit pageid and external link. But you must change your ipaddress for every email. Because they don’t track it with the same IP.

You can try it with proxies!

It works now for me, after 20 Hours of trying other ways!