Page visits never counting

Hi all!

I’m evaluating Mautic to see if it fits our needs, and so far I’m pretty impressed. However, I can’t get any page hits to count at all. As said, I’m just evaluating so I have a local setup: I’m running a virtual machine with Docker inside, running the latest mysql and mautic images from Docker Hub. All seems to be working well and I can create landing pages, contacts, etc. I have yet to see a single page visit, tho!

I’ve tried the tracking pixel and the tracking javascript, as well as creating an internal landing page. I’ve created a form on the landing page and filling that out works (and gets a count for filled out forms), but the landing page doesn’t get any counts. Any external tracking (either on the same host or a different host) doesn’t track anywhere either.

To be sure I’ve turned restricted domains for CORS off and I’ve turned caching to 0. I’ve tried logging out, a different browser, incognito mode and a different machine (or rather, a different virtual machine connecting to the one that runs Mautic) to try and trigger any page visit. The page hits show up on the console (Apache logs), but nowhere in the Mautic interface.

As a side note: I’ve tried to add ‘debug’=>true in local.php, and restart Apache as well as the whole Docker image, but I don’t seem to get any more output in /var/www/html/app/logs (btw, nothing useful in there to help the page tracking issue).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all!

I’m evaluating Mautic to see if it fits our needs, and so far I’m pretty impressed. However, I can’t get any page hits to count at all. As said, I’m just evaluating so I have a local setup: I’m running a virtual machine with Docker inside, running the latest mysql and mautic images from Docker Hub. All seems to be working well and I can create landing pages, contacts, etc. I have yet to see a single page visit, tho!

I’ve tried the tracking pixel and the tracking javascript, as well as creating an internal landing page. I’ve created a form on the landing page and filling that out works (and gets a count for filled out forms), but the landing page doesn’t get any counts. Any external tracking (either on the same host or a different host) doesn’t track anywhere either.

To be sure I’ve turned restricted domains for CORS off and I’ve turned caching to 0. I’ve tried logging out, a different browser, incognito mode and a different machine (or rather, a different virtual machine connecting to the one that runs Mautic) to try and trigger any page visit. The page hits show up on the console (Apache logs), but nowhere in the Mautic interface.

As a side note: I’ve tried to add ‘debug’=>true in local.php, and restart Apache as well as the whole Docker image, but I don’t seem to get any more output in /var/www/html/app/logs (btw, nothing useful in there to help the page tracking issue).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quick update- if I make a campaign with a form to sign up with an email and the contact is identified from that point on, at least the tracking pixel seems to work. No anonymous hits are registered, tho.

What might be the issue is it looks like the identified hits (so presumably all hits) are coming from 127.0.0.1. Maybe that IP is filtered out for anonymous hits? I also have no clue why IP is 127.0.0.1? The virtual machine has IP 172.28.128.3, and in the Apache log you can see that the hit comes from 172.28.128.1.