BIG BUG: Campaign emails picking up wrong data for autofill

I have a custom field

listing_url

I have an auto campaign marketing email using

{listing_url}

And for example i have a user ID

1001 with listing_url: www.domain.com/url1001

1002 with listing_url: www.domain.com/url1002

When the email is triggered for UID 1002, the field {listing_url} is being filled with “www.domain.com/url1001” which is listing_url for the user before it!

This I believe is an extremely serious bug as I have been sending auto marketing emails with all the wrong links…

Im using mautic v2.5.1. Anyone knows why this happens and how to solve it. It isnt the first time. The same problem happens with mass one time emails using these dynamic tags too…

I have a custom field
listing_url

I have an auto campaign marketing email using
{listing_url}

And for example i have a user ID
1001 with listing_url: www.domain.com/url1001
1002 with listing_url: www.domain.com/url1002

When the email is triggered for UID 1002, the field {listing_url} is being filled with “www.domain.com/url1001” which is listing_url for the user before it!

This I believe is an extremely serious bug as I have been sending auto marketing emails with all the wrong links…

Im using mautic v2.5.1. Anyone knows why this happens and how to solve it. It isnt the first time. The same problem happens with mass one time emails using these dynamic tags too…

Hi @chizuoka@gmail.com i think you should think before post any problem since you title this post BIG BUG: Campaign emails picking up wrong data for autofill since this is not a problem of Mautic is a problem you have since you are using customs field that NOT are include in Mautic or other peoples have.

I know you have this problem but you are talking like is a Mautic bug and is not.

Hi Ninjoan, I think you got it wrong… its a custom field in contacts, just like any other field in contacts. Not customized coding or anything.

The point is… Mautic is picking the data from the WRONG CONTACT and I would really hope to help the community by pointing out this bug as this bug literally renders Mautic useless as its a core functionality.

@chizuoka@gmail.com, this is solved in 2.8.1:

-RB

Thank you! Will monitor and see. The bug happenned for mass emails too, but not sure if thats solved