Wonr contacts information added to email

So i raised this on github a week ago and got no resposne so thought i would try here.

I sent some emails out to a list of 1800 people.

In their contact there is a field called company (core field) and a field called live url (custom field)

I then tested the email to myself and it said company and leadfield so i tested it against a proper contact with my email address and it worked as expected.

Then i sent it out to the whole list of people.

and it put the wrong info in the email

somehow it mixed up the live url field for every singlke damn contact. and sent out all 1800 emails with an incorrect url in it. making me look like more of a dickhead than usual. and as the launch of my spectacular new website i was looking forward to all the extra traffic and sales. but thats really not gonna happen when you cant even get an email right is it.

So

Can anyone please provide any insight at all into why this happened.

Github ticket here https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/2571

hopefully someone my come back to me this week.

So i raised this on github a week ago and got no resposne so thought i would try here.

I sent some emails out to a list of 1800 people.

In their contact there is a field called company (core field) and a field called live url (custom field)

I then tested the email to myself and it said company and leadfield so i tested it against a proper contact with my email address and it worked as expected.

Then i sent it out to the whole list of people.

and it put the wrong info in the email

somehow it mixed up the live url field for every singlke damn contact. and sent out all 1800 emails with an incorrect url in it. making me look like more of a dickhead than usual. and as the launch of my spectacular new website i was looking forward to all the extra traffic and sales. but thats really not gonna happen when you cant even get an email right is it.

So

Can anyone please provide any insight at all into why this happened.

Github ticket here https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/2571

hopefully someone my come back to me this week.