Avoid change email variables

Hi folk! hope you all doing well today. I have a weird problem related to my usecase that maybe (or maybe not) you can help me.

I created custom fields type text in the contact which some of them are urls, and I use them to build the emails inside the template doing <a href=“{contactfield=contact_url}” … />.

This field change every day for each contact based on specific conditions, so contact user will have different urls.

The problem is that if the contcat clicks on a link in a old email, the url that contact will land is the last updated value, so every email I sent with that variable will land to the same place. However I need a specific URL that keep in the time.

I was trying to understand why this happens and it seems that is related to the tracking system, because it does not write the final url, it create a link to mautic domain and mautic then redirects to my website resolving the {contactfield=url} with the value that contact has in that specific moment.

do you have any idea or suggestion to avoid this issue without disabling the tracking system?

Thanks!

Your software
My Mautic version is: v4
My PHP version is: 7.4.33
My Database type and version is: mysql v8

This is a problem. Instead of using tokens, we now replace them with contact values which need to be replaced with tokens saved for sending emails. If you’re interested (and you have a budget), please let me know. I can easily fix it.

1 Like