Bounces & Sendgrid

@masidus looks like we have the exact same setup with Runcloud, SendGrid, etc… Wondering if you ever figured out how to get those contacts flagged as do not contact. Also, I’m not getting the bounces reported back to Mautic from SendGrid… did you say that you do get the bounces into Mautic? If so, how long do they take to come in?

I just ended up ignoring the API bounce management and setup a separate Gmail account solely to handle bounce reports.

Used the forward bounces and forward spam reports in the sendgrid app dashboard to forward these emails into Gmail account which Mautic then analyses and marks appropriately.

Be sure that you add sendgrid as a trusted contact in Gmail so they don’t end up in spam.

The reason that I believe mautic was receiving some data, was because I was receiving security warnings in the logs and these would appear every time that data was sent. When I was testing the sendgrid integration, every time I would try send the data a security warning would appear which suggested to me that it was indeed receiving the data however was not processing it correctly, however this was just an assumption.

Hope this helps, good luck!

1 Like

@masidus Perfect, thanks for the quick reply.

Hello Mauticians!

This is a pretty old thread with an issue that we’ve been struggling with since day one.

Does anyone had found a solution better than forwarding emails to another account?

Is this something that we can contribute to fix?

Thank you.

I see this issue has been going on for a few years. I haven’t heard of any solution to this ongoing issue using Sendgrid with Mautic to track bounced emails. Has anyone ever come up with a solution?
Using Mautic 3.2.4

For me it is working fine, using Mautic 3.3.2.

However, if you want to test it (in SendGrid: “Settings => Mail Settings => Event Settings => Event Webhook => HTTP Post URL => Test Your Integration”), you have to add the contact “example@test.com” in your Mautic before you test the webhook! Because SendGrid’s webhook is not able to create a contact in Mautic, just attach a “Bounced: Email” or so to one, if it ALREADY exists in your Mautic as a contact. That’s why you must add “example@test.com” (exactly this) to Mautic.

btw, I’m using A2Hosting as a server-provider for Mautic, and it runs on a subdomain.

I just tested this (2022 now) and it works. :smiley: