Bulk delete contacts

There is presently no method of “Delete all contacts in a segment,” is there?

There’s a button to bulk delete all on the page, but say you want to remove 35,000 contacts, that’s roughly 300+ pages to go through.

There is presently no method of “Delete all contacts in a segment,” is there?

There’s a button to bulk delete all on the page, but say you want to remove 35,000 contacts, that’s roughly 300+ pages to go through.

good question, I’m also curious how to delete big contact lists

Deleting some 35.000 contact is a challenge right now. Two possible approaches:

• Remove them programmatically via API
  • Export them, flag them as deleted (or Do Not Contact) and import them back

I found 3th approach:

change html option of count contacts on page to 1000 and ajax query return 1000 contacts.

update. we can not to delete 1000 contacts at time (too large query url lenth to delete), so 500 is working ok (maybe more).

[quote=16718:@swip]There is presently no method of “Delete all contacts in a segment,” is there?

There’s a button to bulk delete all on the page, but say you want to remove 35,000 contacts, that’s roughly 300+ pages to go through.[/quote]
… my experience tonight on 2.9.2 - the bulk delete selected feature (for a single page of contact records) is not working -
I can delete individual contacts but …
I can bulk check all boxes and select “delete selected” from the drop down menu … I then see notional activity with the blue bar across the top - that action stops but the selected records remain - there is no notification of selected records being deleted like that occurs for a single record deletion

Update - I can delete 50 records at a time but not 100

You can delete contact in a segment using this method

1.Create a campaign that use the segment with the contact you want to delete as contact feed.
2. Create a action and choose Delete contact Note: Permanently deletes the contact as well as all associated statistical data. Warning: this is irreversible!
3. Saved and wait the campaign run.

:wink:

@swip @mattpgreen

1 Like

Thanks @ninjoan