Campaign triggers all leads in lead list

Hi when i setup a campaign to send say a welcome mail to leads on specified lists,the email is sent to everyone who is already on the list. So if I have 300 existing leads that I imported on to a list and want to setup a welcome email (plus other follow up mails) to all new additions only, I can’t do this.

I guess this is because it is assumed that a welcome mail would go to someone who filled out a form and this can be a condition before the email is sent. But perhaps I just manually add a lead that arrived on the 'phone.

There really should be a feature that asks: all leads or any new leads henceforth? Is this provision there already and I have missed it somehow?

Regards

Hi when i setup a campaign to send say a welcome mail to leads on specified lists,the email is sent to everyone who is already on the list. So if I have 300 existing leads that I imported on to a list and want to setup a welcome email (plus other follow up mails) to all new additions only, I can’t do this.

I guess this is because it is assumed that a welcome mail would go to someone who filled out a form and this can be a condition before the email is sent. But perhaps I just manually add a lead that arrived on the 'phone.

There really should be a feature that asks: all leads or any new leads henceforth? Is this provision there already and I have missed it somehow?

Regards

I second this suggestion. And it would be even better if there was a lead field trigger or lead segments. That way you could send an email based on any condition, say status=new, orders<1.

Hi, not sure I understand correctly, so I rephrase your question to be sure.

Can I send an email to all leads in a list and then continue with a campaign?

Yes, it is possible. When you try to create a new email, you have 2 options. Create a template email (used in campaigns) or list email (can be sent to a lead list). So for the welcome email you create the Lead List email and send it to all leads in the selected list. You can have prepared campaign with decisions and actions which will follow that welcome email.

Does it solve your problem?

@brunob Form field and Lead field value conditions for campaigns are in development.

Another issue I’m having is that you can not schedule List Emails (that I can see).

I also want to track actions and update tags on emails sent to List Emails.