Campaigns don't completely run

We still try to implement the double opt in example from https://www.mautic.org/blog/integrator/creating-a-double-opt-in-email-campaign/

First trial, campaign stops working at confirmation landing page. Somehow the confirmation doesn’t get tracked so the lead doesn’t move from one list to the other.

Completely new trial with every part and piece created from scratch. This time campaing already stopps before sending out confirmation email. Form has received the data correctly, but no email gets send through sendgrid (testmail from mautic works though).

This is the campaign:

7SHs8tW.png

We are still at the very beginning. We didn’t manually setup cron jobs yet. May this be the reason?

@ninjoan … mainly we plan to run marketing automation campaings. however, I don’t see a reason I couldn’t make use of mautic for our newsletters. All I need is a reliable SMTP service.

Based on EU / German data privacy laws, making use of Mailchimp would very likely not be compliant. Even sendgrid might not be feasible for that.

Ok @dirk_s but “how” you create a lead list for newsletters.
Can you put the steps how you planning do this sound very interesting?

Exactly as in the first post of this thread. Its now working to move newsletter subscribers with help of forms and emails and a landing page through the opt-in process. Whenever I plan to send an email, I will create one, select a lead list and send it. Currently I still investigate into finding a reliable German / EU SMTP service for this.

Update to the thread: Setting up the required Crone Jobs and using different browser sessions for testing and administration fixed it.

We still try to implement the double opt in example from https://www.mautic.org/blog/integrator/creating-a-double-opt-in-email-campaign/
First trial, campaign stops working at confirmation landing page. Somehow the confirmation doesn’t get tracked so the lead doesn’t move from one list to the other.

Completely new trial with every part and piece created from scratch. This time campaing already stopps before sending out confirmation email. Form has received the data correctly, but no email gets send through sendgrid (testmail from mautic works though).

This is the campaign:

We are still at the very beginning. We didn’t manually setup cron jobs yet. May this be the reason?

Hi,

That would be likely. Cron jobs do a couple of things like updating campaigns triggering campaign events and updating lead lists.

I would try putting in the cron jobs and see what happens

Quick question what is the point of doing this and don’t use a Newsletter service like Mailchimp?
You are planning to use Mautic to send newsletter like Mailchimp or what?