Campaing cannot send email by one certain segemtn but other segemtns no problem. Where will be the issue?

My Mautic version is:4.4.7
My PHP version is:7.4
My Database type and version is:Maria DB 10.5.

My problem is: I have tested several campaigns with my testing segment with 8 contacts and no problem. But Campaign with 1855 contacts cannot send email. It is weird. I don’t know what’s the problem?

These errors are showing in the log:
2023-07-21 17:21:13] mautic.NOTICE: PHP Notice - Undefined index: anchor - in file /var/www/html/mauticgym/app/bundles/CampaignBundle/Form/Type/EventType.php - at line 58 {“builder”:“[object] (Symfony\Component\Form\FormBuilder: {})”,“options”:{“block_name”:null,“disabled”:false,“label”:null,“label_format”:null,“label_translation_parameters”:,“attr_translation_parameters”:,“translation_domain”:null,“auto_initialize”:true,“trim”:true,“required”:true,“property_path”:null,“mapped”:true,“by_reference”:true,“inherit_data”:false,“compound”:true,“method”:“POST”,“post_max_size_message”:“The uploaded file was too large. Please try to upload a smaller file.”,“allow_file_upload”:false,“help_translation_parameters”:,“error_mapping”:,“invalid_message”:“This value is not valid.”,“invalid_message_parameters”:,“allow_extra_fields”:false,“extra_fields_message”:“This form should not contain extra fields.”,“csrf_protection”:true,“csrf_field_name”:“_token”,“csrf_message”:“The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form.”,“csrf_token_manager”:“[object] (Symfony\Component\Security\Csrf\CsrfTokenManager: {})”,“csrf_token_id”:null,“block_prefix”:null,“row_attr”:,“attr”:,“data”:{“id”:397,“name”:“PE04A Recommend”,“description”:null,“type”:“email.send”,“eventType”:“action”,“order”:1,“properties”:{“id”:397,“name”:“PE04A Recommend”,“description”:null,“type”:“email.send”,“eventType”:“action”,“order”:1,“properties”:{“email”:“185”,“email_type”:“marketing”,“priority”:“2”,“attempts”:“3”},“triggerDate”:null,“triggerInterval”:“3”,“triggerIntervalUnit”:“i”,“triggerHour”:“”,“triggerRestrictedStartHour”:“”,“triggerRestrictedStopHour”:“”,“triggerRestrictedDaysOfWeek”:,“triggerMode”:“interval”,“decisionPath”:null,“tempId”:“new3ce5dafc7d9e3c07951932fbe3332b7be3d178f1”,“contactLog”:,“channel”:“email”,“channelId”:185,“changes”:,“label”:“wait 3 minutes”,“anchor”:“leadsource”,“anchorEventType”:“source”,“canvasSettings”:{“droppedX”:“517”,“droppedY”:“155”},“campaignId”:“27”,“_token”:“6bl1lDBLLpcqGS_mRvVw7nnrOtdNdoX-5P3ttyg7ME0”,“buttons”:{“save”:“”},“email”:“185”,“email_type”:“marketing”,“priority”:2,“attempts”:3},“triggerDate”:null,“triggerInterval”:3,“triggerIntervalUnit”:“i”,“triggerHour”:null,“triggerRestrictedStartHour”:null,“triggerRestrictedStopHour”:null,“triggerRestrictedDaysOfWeek”:,“triggerMode”:“interval”,“decisionPath”:null,“tempId”:“new3ce5dafc7d9e3c07951932fbe3332b7be3d178f1”,“contactLog”:,“channel”:“email”,“channelId”:185,“changes”:,“label”:“wait 3 minutes”},“data_class”:null,“empty_data”:“[object] (Closure: {})”,“error_bubbling”:true,“label_attr”:,“action”:“/s/campaigns/events/edit/397”,“upload_max_size_message”:“[object] (Closure: {})”,“help”:null,“help_attr”:,“help_html”:false,“validation_groups”:null,“constraints”:,“settings”:{“label”:“Send email”,“description”:“Send the selected email to the contact.”,“batchEventName”:“mautic.email.on_campaign_batch_action”,“formType”:“Mautic\EmailBundle\Form\Type\EmailSendType”,“formTypeOptions”:{“update_select”:“campaignevent_properties_email”,“with_email_types”:true},“formTheme”:“MauticEmailBundle:FormTheme\EmailSendList”,“channel”:“email”,“channelIdField”:“email”}},“masks”:,“label”:“mautic.campaign.form.type”,“choices”:{“immediate”:“mautic.campaign.form.type.immediate”,“interval”:“mautic.campaign.form.type.interval”,“date”:“mautic.campaign.form.type.date”}} {“hostname”:“vmi741720.contaboserver.net”,“pid”:27601}
[2023-07-21 10:34:33] mautic.NOTICE: PHP Notice - SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) - in file /var/www/html/mauticgym/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Storage/Handler/StrictSessionHandler.php - at line 106 {“maxlifetime”:1440} {“hostname”:“vmi741720.contaboserver.net”,“pid”:10641}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I have tested the campaign with my testing segment with 8 contacts and it is OK. but this segment 1855 contacts cannot send out emails.

from the log you have sent through there seems to be an initial issue with a file upload you did that was not successful as it was too large in size - was this resolved?

The second issue seems to eb a small permission issue, however it should not stop you from sending the campaign. to fix this issue you can change permissions on /var./lib/php/sessions to 777

BTW - have you checked the segment with 1855 people to see the data inside that segment is correct with all emails etc… ?

@mikew I just uploaded Excel smaller than Max 1000 contacts each time. No other files to upload before. I have no idea what large files the php refers to.

1. I Changed session.save_path to “tmp” and it fix the permission issues.

2. yes, there are definitely contacts listed both in the contact tab of the campaign and in segments.

Also, the PHP notice usually doesn’t affect the mautic working except for the error, I think.

I test again and the campaign with 1855 contact still cannot send out emails.

I also tested this segment with broadcast sending. it is no problem but I don’t know why campaign is not OK.