Can't Install Mautic 3.1.1 - Can't get past the first step

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.1.1
My PHP version is: 7.3
Through a folder in my wordpress installation.

Your problem
My problem is:
I can’t get past the first step in installing this software. I am installing this on my own server using server type 10.3.21-MariaDB
I
These errors are showing in the log:
[2020-10-14 23:32:37] mautic.WARNING: PHP Warning - Cannot use a scalar value as an array - in file /volume1/web/…/mautic/app/bundles/InstallBundle/Install/InstallService.php - at line 336 {“step”:"[object] (Mautic\InstallBundle\Configurator\Step\DoctrineStep: {“[object] (Mautic\CoreBundle\Translation\Translator: {})",“messages”:true,“schemaHelper”:"[object] (Mautic\InstallBundle\Helper\SchemaHelper: {})",“exception”:"[object] (Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException(code: 0): An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /volume1/…/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php:93, Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException(code: 2002): SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /volume1/…/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:31, PDOException(code: 2002): SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /volume1…/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:27)"}

[2020-10-14 23:32:37] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException: “An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory” at /volume1/…/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 93 {“exception”:"[object] (Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException(code: 0): An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /volume1/…mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php:93, Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException(code: 2002): SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /volume1/…/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:31, PDOException(code: 2002): SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /volume1/…/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:27)"}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I have gone through all of the forum issues in search of assistance and tried all obvious things like increasing memory and execution times in my PHP etc.

I have fixed all the recommendations in the environment that come up. I have set up a brand new db to add to. The exact same error as above has persisted

Please help.

You should edit out your url ,database name, database user name and password from this public post ASAP.

1 Like

Thank you sorry I’m new! very much appreciate your assistance.

It’s no problem. The security of your install is priority. I sent you a PM with some more info.

1 Like

Thank you so much You’re a legend!!

check file permissions for your mautic install directory. The installer is looking for files that either dont exist or does not have the file permissions to access.

I have always found it difficult for mautic to function properly in a subdirectory of wordpress. If you have the ability I would recommend making a subdomain and install mautic there so its functions arent interfered with by wordpress htacces nonsense or getting buggered by an incompatible wordpress plugin.

2 Likes

HI EJL,

You’re a legend … of course too many late nights in a row it’s the simple things that I forget to check!

I’m going to set it up in it’s own directory I just wanted to show my boss how it works first. We have only just moved everything over to this new server so I’m still in the process of getting everything set up.

I appreciate your help believe me.

Thank you so much for your time!

It’s no trouble. Welcome to the forum. Let us know how it works out.

1 Like