Contact email reply not showing under contact history

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.3
My PHP version is: 7.3.27
My Database type and version is: mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.2.36-MariaDB

Your problem
After sending email to a contact from Mautic and replying to the email from outside Mautic, the contact history shows Email Read Event, but the contact reply email doesn’t show up in contact history?

mautic:email:fetch
1 email processed for {…} INBOX with a criteria of UNSEEN

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Any one knows which cron command reads inbox to make sure?

php /path/to/mautic/bin/console mautic:email:fetch

Source:

Thank you for the help,

When contact replies to email sent from Mautic, the contact in Mautic shows email read, but doesn’t show email reply

php /path/to/mautic/bin/console mautic:email:fetch
1 email processed for {imap.mail…apps.com:993/imap/ssl}INBOX with a criteria of UNSEEN

Any idea what UNSEEN means?

debug log:
[2021-06-25 14:22:52] mautic.DEBUG: MONITORED EMAIL: Processing message ID 47 for a bounce
[2021-06-25 14:22:52] mautic.DEBUG: MONITORED EMAIL: Processing message ID 47 for an unsubscription
[2021-06-25 14:22:52] mautic.DEBUG: MONITORED EMAIL: Unsubscription email was not found
[2021-06-25 14:22:52] mautic.DEBUG: MONITORED EMAIL: Processing message ID 47 for a feedback loop report

How you turn on debug trace for email contact reply fetch?

Any one knows what Mautic does with emails fetched from inbox contact reply?

It is fetching the email but not putting under the contact, need hint were to look to see what happens to fetched UNSEEN emails. We have been searching internet for weeks for a clue.

Posted this question to mautic github and it was closed without any hint on what to do.

Added print to Mailbox.php getMail(), we see mautic is fetching the correct email, we can’t figure out why it doesn’t show up in contact history.

Does Mautic put the contact reply email in the contact history by default or it will need to be configured to do so?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Figured out the issue, now contact history shows “Email Replied”. However, there is no way to view the reply email from Mautic.