Contact in multiple segments

All,

is there a case to allow a contact to be in multiple segments.

The reason I ask this is that I may want to have multiple ‘axes’ of segmentation. I may segment by age, and also segment by engagement…

I want to have people in both segments (and possibly be able to perform boolean operations across them).

I may end up achieving a similar result by having attributes (age and engagement), but then I still need to load them into a segment to act on them, which is a bit hacky.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Jo

All,
is there a case to allow a contact to be in multiple segments.

The reason I ask this is that I may want to have multiple ‘axes’ of segmentation. I may segment by age, and also segment by engagement…

I want to have people in both segments (and possibly be able to perform boolean operations across them).

I may end up achieving a similar result by having attributes (age and engagement), but then I still need to load them into a segment to act on them, which is a bit hacky.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Jo

You can have one contact in severals segments.
You can put the contact to different segments in severals ways

-Manually
-By a Campaign Builder
-Segments Filters

If the contact is in multiple segments that are the targets of an email will the contact receive multiple emails?, I.E.: Contac aa@aa.com is in segment A and B, and I send an e-mail to segments A, B, C, will that contact receive the email twice?