Contacts restart the campaign every 11 days

My Mautic version is: 4.2.0
My PHP version is: 7.4.25
My Database type and version is: pdo_mysql 5.7.36

My problem is:
Contacts restart the campaign every 11 days.
For example, if there is a campaign that sends an email after 7, 14, and 21 days from when the contact gets added to the segment, the contact will be able to get the email meant for the 7th day BUT will not get the 14th and 21st day email because on the 11th day the contact will start again from the beginning. They will then receive the 7th day email again after another 7 days (11 + 7). Then they will restart again after 11 days and so on.

Copies of those campaigns were working early last year. We started noticing that it is not working anymore around February 2022 (copies of the old campaigns were created to start the year). It is between December 2021 (we updated to 4.1.1) and March 2022 (before we updated to 4.2.0), just in case the updates we did might have an effect.

These errors are showing in the log:
No errors in the log.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
We checked logs, cron jobs, settings, and etc, but we cannot find something that will cause the contacts to restart every 11 days. Even when not allowing contacts to restart the campaign, they still restart. If contacts get added to the segment at different dates, their restart is based on that. They don’t restart at the same day.

Any ideas on where we can check the cause of this would be very much appreciated.
Thank you very much!

Check your segment rules and make sure there’s nothing that would cause them to leave and re-enter the segment. When a contact leaves the segment, even for a split second, and re-enters the segment, they will exit and re-enter the campaign as well.

I’m assuming you don’t have a remove from campaign step in your campaign.

Other than that, I haven’t seen contacts leaving campaigns without a good explanation in any of our instances. We have had flaws in our logic and had contacts unexpectedly leave segments before.