Send Same Email or Campaign to Existing Contact

Your software
My Mautic version is: Latest
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: MySQL 5.7

Your problem
My problem is: Client has prospects that apply for a loan and are added to either segment emails or campaigns. Many of these contacts will be disqualified or turned down for the loan based on credit, lack of collateral, change in jobs etc.

But months later they may re-apply and be eligible and qualified. How would I ensure they are added to an existing campaign or segment so they receive the SAME emails they received previously?

In my testing, I haven’t found a way to make this happen since Mautic will only send an existing email to a contact once. Thanks for suggestions.
Chris Blair

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I setup a two week campaign from a real, existing one and changed the days to minutes to trigger the emails. All emails were delivered to my test contacts. I exported those contacts, changed a few fields of data in their contact details, then re-imported them. The fields updated but they were already in the segment so the email campaign was not re-started. In the real-world scenario, the contacts would fill-out the same application using the same workflow as their first application. So it’s possible that nothing would change in their initial application.

I hope that is clear.

Hi,
Transactional campaign emails can be resent many times.
Your problem might be, that the contact never left the campaign. Just finishing a campaign won’t push out the contact from the campaign
As a last step you can kick them out from the campaign (change campaign / leave THIS) or you can make a segment, where contacts who are members will leave the campaign and then join again (they will start from the beginning.)
In other words: if the campaign restarts for a contact, they will get the campaign emails again.

Here is a Campaign troubleshooting guide and some tests that might help:

1 Like

I didn’t even think of exiting them from the campaign as part of the flow! That’s the answer!! Thanks so much.