Rejoining Campaigns

Apologies if this is too basic a question, but I haven’t seen an obvious answer elsewhere. I’m creating a campaign that will invite new volunteers for my nonprofit to a training session. If they click on a link in the email to acknowledge that they’ll attend the training, I remove them from the segment. Otherwise, I send them a follow-up email the next day. If they don’t respond to that, I want to invite them to a new training when that training is scheduled. To do that, I’d update my email with the information about the new training session. I then want the contacts in that segment to restart the campaign. How do I do that? I tried unpublishing the campaign and republishing it, but that didn’t work. The only way that I was able to do what I wanted was to update the contacts so they were no longer in the segment, and then switch them back. I’m sure that there must be a simpler way.
Thanks for your help.

The issue you have is the 2nd email will not be written yet as you have not yet scheduled the next training session, right? Once you have written the 2nd email, clone the original campaign, swap out the original email for the new one, and assign the segment to the new campaign.

If you have written the 2nd email already then have a step that removes those that click the link from the campaign, those that don’t, assign a delay to give them time to click the link, and then set the 2nd email to be sent. U can remove them from the segment as well if you like, but it’s not necessary to achieve what you want.

FYI there is a setting to allow contacts to restart a campaign. U will find that in the right column of the campaign config page. But I don’t think you want people to restart the same campaign as that will hold the original email.

If I am understanding correctly there are two more ways to get a user back into a campaign. One is from inside the a campaign, you can use the action to move the contact into a specific campaign (you would need to allow in the campaign you want to transfer to the ability for contacts to restart the campaign).

The second option is a manual option, from the contacts contact card, click the drop down arrow next to edit and choose campaigns, you will see the campaigns the contact is part of, you can just toggle this to remove and re-add them to specific campaign.

My intent is to be doing this every week, as we’ll have new volunteers, with some signing up for the training immediately, and some waiting a week or more. So, you see, we’d never have all of the emails written. Ideally, I’d be able to update the old email (and reminder) with a new date each week, and then somehow just tell Mautic to start the campaign with everyone who is still in the New Volunteer stage. The cloning approach would work, but it require a little more work, and then constantly deleting the older campaign. Does this increased detail bring to mind any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.