Create a Gmail Add-on for Mautic Functionality

My idea is: to build a Gmail Add-on that would allow for viewing Mautic info inside of Gmail.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Anyone who uses Gmail or Gsuite as well as Mautic.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Quick access to view Mautic timeline, segments, campaigns, quick-add to segments, etc…

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Yes

A POC has been shared here:

with a small explanation here: It's dead, isn it? · Issue #9 · mautic/mautic-helper-chrome-extension · GitHub

by @donbowman :bowing_woman:

1 Like

I’m new to Mautic and I’m having a really tough time getting it setup. It seems a lot of the official documentation may be badly outdated in some areas.

So, my question here - Does the Gmail plugin that is built into the official Mautic installation work or not?

This - https://i.imgur.com/cl1m47P.png

If no, why is it still a part of the official Mautic release? And why is it still listed in the official Mautic documentation?

As a “more advanced” noob user to Mautic, I am finding setup (and getting questions answered) very difficult, so I can only imagine how difficult it is for a noob Mautic user who is also a super-noob to marketing automation.

Doesn’t work. I know @bradycargle isworking on a solution now, it will be posted here when it’s done.
No timeline.