Creating contacts in the API

I’m interested in converting one of my existing lead forms to push a contact to a specific Mautic form, but I want to do it through the API. Is there a way to do this? I want automation behavior, including an email sent on submission, to occur and I think the best way to do that is to tie the newly created contact to a form. I also don’t want to have to manually do things like check if the contact already exists prior to creation.

Can I just submit the collected data via a POST request to the form submission URL on the server-side? Or is there more to it than that?

I assume Mautic forms have already handled problems like recurring submissions from the same contact, for example in the case of multiple lead magnet forms, the same user should be able to request different lead magnets and successfully get them all delivered to their inbox.

What’s the best way to do this?

I’m interested in converting one of my existing lead forms to push a contact to a specific Mautic form, but I want to do it through the API. Is there a way to do this? I want automation behavior, including an email sent on submission, to occur and I think the best way to do that is to tie the newly created contact to a form. I also don’t want to have to manually do things like check if the contact already exists prior to creation.

Can I just submit the collected data via a POST request to the form submission URL on the server-side? Or is there more to it than that?

I assume Mautic forms have already handled problems like recurring submissions from the same contact, for example in the case of multiple lead magnet forms, the same user should be able to request different lead magnets and successfully get them all delivered to their inbox.

What’s the best way to do this?