Custom E-Mail HTML links or buttons not working

When I try to send a Custom email directly from Contact/Lead area and I either pull a template with HTML links or buttons with links or use the standard Email Editor and insert a link: Those links seem not to work or at least not with one click but rather 3 steps which is not exactly helping the click rate.

When you hoover over a link, not the hand appears to click on it as typically in a campaign or segment email but a little icon appears to the right that opens another window and only if you click on browser choice it will actually go to website. Bug? Since on campaign emails everything works normal.

When I try to send a Custom email directly from Contact/Lead area and I either pull a template with HTML links or buttons with links or use the standard Email Editor and insert a link: Those links seem not to work or at least not with one click but rather 3 steps which is not exactly helping the click rate.

When you hoover over a link, not the hand appears to click on it as typically in a campaign or segment email but a little icon appears to the right that opens another window and only if you click on browser choice it will actually go to website. Bug? Since on campaign emails everything works normal.

Could it be connected to this issue?

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/3765

With version 2.6 the links worked before the emails were put through a campaign. With version 2.8 the links do not work at all (in some email clients they do, but not in Apple Mail e.g.).

@PeterTL, Thanks for your help. Indeed it is an apple device related problem when I tested it on windows devices/browsers the links work. It also occurs on when using a mautic.net instance, so not only on self-installed mautic instances to rule out anything on my end.

@ralfhug: Thanks a lot for confirming this. I always considered it a major bug as Apple has a huge market share in both mobile and desktop OS markets. Until now I thought it was my individual issue but obviously it is not.

CC @escopecz