Mautic breaks email HTML for Apple devices

Hi,

I posted the same on GitHub but my nobody was able to sort it out there. I am pretty desperate as it happens on 2.6, on 2.7 and on the current version auf Mautic.

I created a HTML email in Mautic and sent it out via a campaign. The email was displayed correctly on any device. After some time I sent out the email again to the same contact via manual email. At the second time, the HTML seems to be broken on my MacBook and my iPhone: the hyperlinks in the email could not be opened any more but was recognized as editable text (keyboards was opened on iPhone). The emails were sent out via my own SMTP server.

It seems that the campaigns are somehow modifying the HTML. Here is what I did:

1. Created new email
  2. Manually send email to contact --> email OK
  3. Create new campaign to send out email (draft)
  4. Manually send email to contact --> email OK
  5. Launch campaign to send email automatically --> email OK
  6. Manually send email to contact --> email NOT OK

I tried several things (switching to Amazon SES as SMTP provider, inlining the email CSS, updating to current Mautic version) without success.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Peter

Hi,

I posted the same on GitHub but my nobody was able to sort it out there. I am pretty desperate as it happens on 2.6, on 2.7 and on the current version auf Mautic.

I created a HTML email in Mautic and sent it out via a campaign. The email was displayed correctly on any device. After some time I sent out the email again to the same contact via manual email. At the second time, the HTML seems to be broken on my MacBook and my iPhone: the hyperlinks in the email could not be opened any more but was recognized as editable text (keyboards was opened on iPhone). The emails were sent out via my own SMTP server.

It seems that the campaigns are somehow modifying the HTML. Here is what I did:

1. Created new email
  2. Manually send email to contact --> email OK
  3. Create new campaign to send out email (draft)
  4. Manually send email to contact --> email OK
  5. Launch campaign to send email automatically --> email OK
  6. Manually send email to contact --> email NOT OK

I tried several things (switching to Amazon SES as SMTP provider, inlining the email CSS, updating to current Mautic version) without success.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Peter

Copy paste the raw HTML from the broken version of the HTML email into this thread. Use the </> tag that you’ll find right above this sentence and over on the right.

I am still trying to figure out how to get the raw HTML. It seems that the source is broken down after 30 characters per line and a “=” is added as last character. I have this in every email, so I don’t think that is the problem.

But I noticed something else: In email which was sent out via campaign (the broken one), a “3D” was added before the hyperlink destination. The HTML loks like:

<a href=3D"http://test.com">Link to test.com</a>

Do you know why this happens? Could it be the reason for the broken email hyperlinks?

Typically email uses what is called “quoted-printable” to convert non-ASCII characters so they can be sent via SMTP.

Questions:

• In what program did you create the HTML?
  • Did you copy and paste it from another source?
  • Are you opening it in the editor and saving, but not modifying, before sending again?

And, can you post a link to the HTML file that you’re trying to email?

I took a free responsive template and modified it via text editor.

Yes, I edit the template on my computer and c&p it into the source editor in Mautic. When I have to modify the template, I change it on my computer and paste it again.

Not knowingly, but yes, this may have happened.

This is the preview of the Mautic email: http://ma.projektin.de/email/preview/3
It looks fine to me. The mentioned “3D” which was added obviously happened while sending it. And: I can reproduce it with the Mautic built-in email templates.

Hi ! +1 for this problem,

This is very strange because in preview all is working good for me, but, if I send it via email, Mautic editor add “3D” and split all long lines with "= ".

I don’t know why, and it’s on all devices :confused:

What can we do ?
Best regards