Dashboard error after updating to 4.3.1

I liked Mautic so I thought I could make projects with this software and try to offer it on the market. It would be great if Mautic was a kind of WordPress but in marketing automation. It would be good for the whole community and for the developer company. For that it should be trivial, upgrade version, backup, or migration. In this way it would have no rivals.

But now these problems mean that other alternatives beat us on

Many big professional websites or scripts does executes on shared hosting just fine as long it configured correctly. Just needed to be aware of few things before using on shared hosting like cPanel or Plesk etc.

Did you empty your browser cache / temporary folder after you delete the contents of the cache folder?

I deleted by Ctrl + F5 not sure if this is enough.

Thank you again for your suggestions!!

If you want to start fresh and try again on cPanel

I’ve been testing this on my cPanel doing a composer install (require your host to install composer on the server)

php 7.4 is a must … any other php version breaks it

use your cPanel GUI Terminal to do CLI install

Download composer.json either from git or use my copy since I have already edited it to be cPanel friendly but you will be require to edit it to input your cPanel information

https://warehouse.agwm.org/repository/zip/composer.json.zip

Edit composer.json with any text editor and find the text cPanelUsername replace it with your actual cPanel username.

The difference is that you need to use full path in composer.json to install it on cPanel.

Then type in this command in Terminal

composer --no-interaction

There was 2 files that didn’t get install I had to manually add it but I cannot remember. I think I did a post about it in here . search under my username and see if you had to do the same on your server …

1 Like

Thank you!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

But do you think I can fix this installaton by doing that?

I don’t know if you could fix it but if you have a complete backup of your current installation first then I could image you could fix it by doing this (from top of my head)

At your own risk but again I expect you to have a complete backup of your current installation both binary and database copy.

Again from top of my head - not tested

1. export current Mautic DB into sql to back it up
  2. back up local.php
  3. back up theme and assets folder
  4. delete Mautic
  5. compose install fresh Mautic (if on cPanel use the composer.json above in this thread and edit it with the correct path depending how your server is set up)
  6. perform new Mautic installation - use same db user and dbname found in backup local.php
  7. import the backed up db.sql into Mautic fresh installed db
  8. copy over your backed up theme and assets folder on fresh install folder but “no” or “skip” on overwrite. (you only want it to apply your custom themes and your assets)

I would image that should work but again … backup everything before you attempt this … I won’t be held responsible for this. I even may have missed a step here and there but it purely guesstimate and experimental for me.