Mautic Community Forums

Mautic latest 2.15.3 update failed causing error 500

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.15.1
My PHP version is: 7x

Your problem
My problem is:
mautic dashboard update to latest version failed at step 3 or 4 causing a 500 error
https://mautic.designdiverso.com/

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: none so far

Just wondering is there a way I can fix this not being myself a programmer?

1 Like

Looks very much like a failed database migration. Did you run the upgrade through shell or through the webinterface? In one case we supported, it was one single database issue, that could have been fixed with one single SQL statement :wink:

Could you please look into your logs?

1 Like

Hi thank you for your comment, as I mentioned in my post Ive updated using the dashboard feature.

Now we managed to somehow patch it up by removing the /app/cache content.

We are back up, however for some unknown reason I can’t access the components > forms section anymore, and on top of that I can’t seem to be able to send emails at all using the emails feature.

Here is the log https://slack-files.com/TFWQ1U3EX-FRR22662G-6174c66cae

Any thoughts on how to fix this very welcome!

Hello @tancredi start by following this tutorial, hopefully it will fix the issue, come back if it doesn’t:

thank you for sharing your article, the issue is we are not sure how to proceed.

Shall we upload previous version as 2.15.3 seems rather buggy, (we noticed we are not the only ones facing these issues) https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+2.15.3

Shall we go back to 2.15.1? or try again uploading the latest 2.15.3 via ftp?

how can I do that as I’m not myself a programmer, can I just download the version from your article and then upload it to server via ftp?

Can you check if you have the following file, and show us the permissions on it.

/home/admin/web/mautic.designdiverso.com/public_html/app/cache/prod/doctrine/orm/Proxies/__CG__MauticPluginBundleEntityPlugin.php

Hi

I had the same problem and finally I solved it
I restored a copy of the mautic folder and the database again
to version 2.15.0

edit the user.ini file of the mautic root
and added these lines
max_execution_time = 120

the problem is that there is not enough time to clear the cache
I updated again and everything was correct

I hope it serves

1 Like

yes I can see that file no idea how to show you the permissions on it though

so do you guys recommend to roll back to 2.15.0?

Can you please be so kind and let me know how to do it exactly via ftp?

How can I roll back to previous version without erasing all our forms and data?

Unfortunately don’t have a backup from prior the incident as is been already a week.

Clear the cache
There are several ways to do that. The easiest is to go to the /app/cache folder and delete its content. If you want to do it via CLI command, navigate to the Mautic root folder and run rm -rf app/cache/*. The new cache files will generate itself after the next Mautic refresh in the browser.

It might happen that the files won’t generate itself. It can be caused by the wrong folder permission and Mautic doesn’t have permission to write the new cache files. Contact your sysadmin and ask them to fix it for you.

Tip: Don’t execute Mautic commands as the root user yourself and do not run Mautic commands in the root crontab. This way all the files which will be created by the command will have the root as the author and Mautic won’t be able to rewrite those files.

1 Like

Ive already tried step 1 delete cache though it doesn’t fix it.

ok assuming I can’t get hold of my sysadmin atm, how can I fix these permissions? Which ones shall I fix?

Here is the permission on that folder
/home/admin/web/mautic.designdiverso.com/public_html/app/cache/prod/doctrine/orm/Proxies/__CG__MauticPluginBundleEntityPlugin.php

from my ftp client

The permissions are fine.

so what else shall I fix in order to get rid of those bugs?

can you please provide some other thoughts on how to actually fix these bugs?

I’m stuck here, backup prior incident on server is expired as it lasts only one week.

I need to fix these bugs without wiping off our current setup (forms and other data)

Here is our site where you can see the missing forms designdiverso.com

Ive been trying to look for that file, can’t find it though, do you know where is it located?

I don’t understand why these two bugs have been closed if they are still there:

1 - https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/8199
2 - https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/8136

We’ve also tried rebooting the server it didnt work we still got same error when trying to access forms

Hi
Check that the permissions of the mautic root folder are 755
and that the cache is 755

we’ve managed to downgrade to 2.15.1 wasn’t that easy fight but in the end we prevailed.

I personally believe that open source sometimes can be tricky, for instance when a new buggy update is introduced there should a notification, somewhere within dashboard, mentioning (upgrade at your own risk) or something like that.

This way would really be fair…

Actually I had this happening as well. The situation is, that some database migrations worked - while one SQL statement is missing.

In my case, upgrading Mautic on shell didn’t work properly due to the bad hosting environment.
There was one database migration missing:

ALTER TABLE forms ADD form_attr VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL

You might want to check, if that column exists.

1 Like