I have a reduced signup form with whom I only collect basic data (first name, last name, company, email). Reduced because I only want to collect basic data to maximize the conversion rate. Less fields = higher signup probability. In a second step I want to collect mobile phone numbers. I do this via offering additional services where the mobile phone number is required.
I chose the following approach to implement this:
- Create a second form with email and mobile phone number and include it into a landing page
- Create an email triggered by a campaign with the additional offer and a link to the landing page
- The link contains the contact’s email address so that it is pre-populated to the form
I did this because - as I understood - it is not granted that Mautic recognizes the lead as existing and thus maybe cannot populate the email from the system. And I need the email to map the new mobile phone number to the (existing) lead email address.
My approach has one disadvantage: I am not able to disable or lock the email filed so maybe an existing lead may change the value. In this case, the Mautic internal matching does not find the existing email address and creates a new lead. Not good.
- Is there an alternative way to accomplish it?
- If no, how can I disable the email filed?
BTW, copying the form manually is not an option, because in this case the URL parameter with the email address is not populated into the disabled field. I maybe could load the value with a PHP
Any input is highly appreciated - thanks in advance!