Using Mautic for event registration

Hi,

Please help me with the following use case:

Using Mautic for event registration.

A client has lead data in their own crm. This data would be imported into Mautic. A campaign would be created for event registration. The leads would get an invitation email with a link to a signup page for the event.

If they fill in the form on the landing page they get an invoice sent to them manually. Once the invoice is paid an admin manually moves the lead to a new list and they start getting a series of emails about the event.

Up to here everything is clear to me and can deffinately be done with Maitic.

The only problem I see is that the client would like to pre-populate the signup form with data about the leads that they already have so the lead can just add and/or update the attrributes as they see fit.

I don’t think this is possible with Mautic currently? Is there a way to identify a lead from the link to the landing page they get in the invitation email? If yes, can I then use this identifier to pre-populate the form via the API? I guess this could only be done with a custom landing page with a Mautic form, not with a landing page created in Mautic?

I would appretiate it very much if someone can give me some pointers. Thanks.

Hi,

Please help me with the following use case:

Using Mautic for event registration.

A client has lead data in their own crm. This data would be imported into Mautic. A campaign would be created for event registration. The leads would get an invitation email with a link to a signup page for the event.
If they fill in the form on the landing page they get an invoice sent to them manually. Once the invoice is paid an admin manually moves the lead to a new list and they start getting a series of emails about the event.

Up to here everything is clear to me and can deffinately be done with Maitic.
The only problem I see is that the client would like to pre-populate the signup form with data about the leads that they already have so the lead can just add and/or update the attrributes as they see fit.
I don’t think this is possible with Mautic currently? Is there a way to identify a lead from the link to the landing page they get in the invitation email? If yes, can I then use this identifier to pre-populate the form via the API? I guess this could only be done with a custom landing page with a Mautic form, not with a landing page created in Mautic?

I would appretiate it very much if someone can give me some pointers. Thanks.

Hi Miha,

Yes, although it’s not a polished feature and thus not advertised but the support is there for the following scenario.

This assumes that you are using Mautic for the form, landing page, and email.

The magic is generating the right URL in your email. If the form is embedded into a Mautic landing page, then you can use the {pagelink=ID} token in the email builder and/or custom HTML.

What you can then do is embed the tokens {leadfield=FIELDALIAS|true}, one for each lead specific information you want to prepopulate the form with, into the URL, assigning them to the name of your form field. (The |true tells Mautic to URL encode the value so that it works in the browser). The lead field’s alias can be obtained from the table when viewing Leads -> Manage Fields. The form field’s name is stored as the alias in the database and is auto generated from the field’s label; you may have to look at the source of your form to get the exact name (open the form and click the preview button). For example, here is a sample html section taken from a form. The name to use is what’s within mauticform[FIELDNAME].

<div class="mauticform-row mauticform-email mauticform-row-email" id="mauticform_email">
    <label id="mauticform_label_email" for="mauticform_input_email" class="mauticform-label" "="">Email</label>
    <input id="mauticform_input_email" name="mauticform[email]" value="" class="mauticform-input" type="email">
</div>

You may have something that looks like this in the content of your email (via the Email Builder)

{pagelink=1}&email={leadfield=email|true}

In the rendered email sent to a lead, the URL may be converted into something like

http://my-mautic.com/my-landing-page?ct=A_REALLY_LONG_STRING&email=leademail%40gmail.com

So, what happened is {pagelink=1} was converted into the landing page URL and had ?ct=A_REALLY_LONG_STRING appended. The really long string is encoded information about the lead which includes the lead ID. Each {leadfield=FIELDALIAS} was replaced with the lead’s data. When the lead clicks the link, they will be taken to the landing page with the embedded form, and the form’s ‘email’ input will be prepopulated with the value passed through the URL.

Ugly ain’t it? Like I said, not polished :slight_smile:

Another down side to this is that it shows data in the URL.

Hopefully this process will improve greatly as we build out our form features.

Thanks!
Alan

Only one thing I can say:
I love Mautic!

You guys are great snd the speed of development is just amazing.

I don’t mind the values will be present in the url as long as I can fulfill the clients requirements using Mautic.

In the future maybe you could implement some sort of UID that could be added to the {pagelink=1} tag. If I read your response correctly it is already present. This would load the lead object and make it available on the form. Than with {leadfield=FIELDALIAS} there would be an additional parameter that would tell the form to pre-populate this value.
This way each value would not need to be passed trough the URL.
I am sure this is not the exact way it would be done but I am sure you know how it can be. The important thing would be to decide which fields to pre-populate while building the form since this way all the fields would be available.

Thanks for the fast response and the amazing work you are doing.

Hi Alan,

We have a similar use case. We want to use mautic for an event registration on location. We would have a tablet which would be running a mautic landing page & form. A hostess would use the tablet to register guests and fill out additional information about each of the guests. Before loading the landing page, she would use a search screen with an autocomplete input to look-up guests based on their name or email address. If the guest is found, the next step would be loading the landing page with the form pre-populated with the guest’s details. If the guest is not found an option to add a new guest would be displayed, which would also take to the landing page.

As it seems, we need to develop this search page and customize the landing page so it pre-populates the form based on a LeadID. Our team has some experience with symfony2, but it would be helpful if you could point us in the right direction in order to implement this.

Thanks!
Levente

Hi All !

I’m testing this feature in version 1.2 but it doesn’t works for me although I’m following the steps you describe.

But the field is not filled with the data.

I’ve also checked that the field “email” is publicly updatable.

Any idea why is happening this…?

For those who are not using mautic landing pages, I’ve just used the following solution and worked successfully

I used the following email on my mautic email:
www.gleyvepascoa.com.br/lp/my-landing-page/?firstname={leadfield=firstname}&email={leadfield=email}

or I can call the link straight from web browser:
www.gleyvepascoa.com.br/lp/my-landing-page/?firstname=Jonh&email=jonh@example.com

I used this javascript inside my landing page:

We are using Mautic Cloud service and are trying to pre-populate a form on a landing page from an email, all created in Mautic.

When using the link as mentioned above:
{pagelink=1}&email={leadfield=email|true}
It turns into such a link when saving and
{pagelink=3}&email={leadfield=email%7Ctrue}

When clicking on the link in the email, it redirects to:
https://truedoors.mautic.net/request-call-back&email=

Do you have any idea how we can solve this please?