Does gated video work on mobile or just computer

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.3
My PHP version is: 7.3
My Database type and version is: MySQL

Your problem
My problem is:
I’ve properly setup gated video and it works properly on the computer but when I access it from a mobile device (iphone) the gated video doesn’t work.

The video displays properly in the mobile browser but when the video is clicked it opens in an overlay? to play (it doesn’t play in place like on a computer). The video pauses properly at the designated gate-time but no form is displayed. You can then push the play button and the video simply plays.

Its works fine on a computer, is this a feature that does not work on mobile or am I missing something.

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I’ve tried changing from code to shortcode, rearranging divs and stripped down the code to the bare minimum to rule out conflicts.

Thanks in advance.

Mautic Gated Video works on desktop and mobile.

If it works on desktop and not on mobile, then the problem is with your mobile.

try different browser. I tested on chrome mobile, samsung browser, edge mobile. It even works on Via browser.

I’ve tried both Safari and Chrome on two different iPhones and they both produce the same results. The youtube video thumbnail displays properly in the web page but upon clicking the video to play it opens in a “pop out” type of overlay. I suspect this behavior is what is causing the issue.

This doesn’t happen for everyone else using the gated video feature?

Here’s the video. It’s set to stop at 5 seconds. https://blackkidsswim.com/joshua-wyse-video/

This’s how it works on Android Chrome mobile.

Maybe this is an iPhone thing then. I’ve tried several iphones and they each playback video by expanding out to a ‘focus layer’ bypassing the browser delivery altogether.

Does anyone have any feedback on gated video deployment on ios?