Download to another domain?

I am asking what is probably the ultimate newbie question, but does Mautic have to be downloaded to the domain (or a subdomain) of the site that I want to promote?

For example, if I am trying to promote the products of xyz.com, will Mautic work if I install it on abc.com? I can see problems doing it that way - different email address, landing pages on the ‘wrong’ domain, etc.

But is anyone doing it that way, and putting Mautic on a different domain?

I am asking what is probably the ultimate newbie question, but does Mautic have to be downloaded to the domain (or a subdomain) of the site that I want to promote?

For example, if I am trying to promote the products of xyz.com, will Mautic work if I install it on abc.com? I can see problems doing it that way - different email address, landing pages on the ‘wrong’ domain, etc.

But is anyone doing it that way, and putting Mautic on a different domain?

Hi @stickershock let me see if i understand your question.

You client is www.domain.com and you want to track and using your Mautic instance installed on your web server for sample: www.mautic.stickershock.com?

Is that is the case, yes you can for sample if www.domain.com use Wordpress install the Mautic WP Plugin and put your Mautic URL http://www.mautic.stickershock.com

Thanks. Install the Mautic WP plugin on domain.com? or where?

Install the WP Plugin in the CLIENT website that you want to track.
Because remember you going to track that website.

Another example is
you have your website www.stickershock.com but you are running Mautic using mautic.com so you Mautic instance will be on stickershock.mautic.com

So in www.stickershock.com you have to install the WP Plugin and tell the plugin that mautic is located in stickershock.mautic.com

Got it, thanks. I appreciate your help.