Duplicate Leads + List Updates

Hello,

Just two quick questions for today :)

1. I’m worried about duplicate leads because Mautic currently allows me to create duplicate leads with the same email. Once a lead has been placed into Mautic due a trigger, what if the customer proceeds to do another task on our website that means they will set off another trigger. Will two separate leads be made, or will actions be placed into the same lead?

2. Imagine the following scenario: I schedule in a campaign to go out to List A in an hours time. Just 15 minutes before the emails are due to go out, a customer unsubscribes from all emails from us. Will the customer still receive the email because the leads that receive the campaign was generated when the campaign was scheduled?

If you need me to elaborate on anything please let me know. Thank you!

Hello,

Just two quick questions for today :slight_smile:

1. I’m worried about duplicate leads because Mautic currently allows me to create duplicate leads with the same email. Once a lead has been placed into Mautic due a trigger, what if the customer proceeds to do another task on our website that means they will set off another trigger. Will two separate leads be made, or will actions be placed into the same lead?

2. Imagine the following scenario: I schedule in a campaign to go out to List A in an hours time. Just 15 minutes before the emails are due to go out, a customer unsubscribes from all emails from us. Will the customer still receive the email because the leads that receive the campaign was generated when the campaign was scheduled?

If you need me to elaborate on anything please let me know. Thank you!

We import leads from multiple sources that may or may not have email addresses. I know there are thousands of duplicates in our system now. We really need a better methodology for merging duplicate records. Google contacts is one of the best I’ve seen, but, their contact database structure is a little more sophisticated than the one in mautic.

+1 for this.

I realized Mautic has no protection against duplicate emails. Even if the field is set to be a unique field, even if i try MANUALLY entering two same emails mautic lets it go through.

Anyway we could make sure entering the same email throws an error?

Thank you for your replies!

I understand that the user can gain points when engaging with the email itself, but if Mautic creates duplicate leads when users set off triggers, how are they meant to build up points so we can identify them as a strong lead?

@escopecz - can you help with this? - you seem like a man in the know on here and GitHub

Mautic will automatically merge contacts from tracking or importing. The only way how to make duplicates is via UI. Or do you have different experience?

Since Mautic 2.1.0, the UI will notify users when creating a contact which already exists by the fields marked as unique identifiers. Email is unique identifier by default.

Ideally a maintenance tool that would identify potential duplicates and give us control over what information is kept/discarded.

[quote=14372:@escopecz]Mautic will automatically merge contacts from tracking or importing. The only way how to make duplicates is via UI. Or do you have different experience?

Since Mautic 2.1.0, the UI will notify users when creating a contact which already exists by the fields marked as unique identifiers. Email is unique identifier by default.[/quote]

May i know what you mean by via “UI”. Duplicates seem possible via the API too… but id have to double confirm this.

I meant User Interface - The Mautic administration; adding contacts via forms as administrator.

Before we use to have the options of a filter, email = unique
It’s not longer available on the new update of Mautic.
I am adding contacts via API and now do not know of a way to merge duplicates or remove them from segments.

Same here in last realease. (2.2.1)
Via forms mautic merges. Via API mautic lets have duplicated contacts. And yes, the email is unique identifier =(

By the way, this happens when we use the PUT /contacts/ID/edit and the ID doenst exists.
Is there any way we search lead by email and not by ID? Eg: PUT /contacts/EMAIL/edit.