Edit Lead Points

Im not seeing anywhere that I can edit the lead’s points. Is there a way to do this without setting a point action? I wanted to begin testing point actions and triggers, and wanted to manually set a leads points to see if the triggers work, and can’t find a way to edit the points.

Thanks,

John

Take a look at the latest update to the documentation:

https://www.mautic.org/docs/leads/lead_monitoring.html#mobile-monitoring

Maybe the author of this part of the documentation ( @ramez_rafla ) could give you a hand.

I tested the point action with a wildcard and the points were added.

Ahh, ok I will comment! The thing is I am using mautic to listen for events on my server coming from an iPhone app. So I cannot use the point actions for visiting a page, etc. I need the API. I would loveeeee to have points be able to update from the api or else I cannot use points whatsoever and thats a shame.

Also the point actions are not working for me so I cannot use them either. Im using them on the website and nothing happens. Im trying to not be discouraged when things don’t work because I am a supporter of what you guys are doing!

Maybe I don’t see the whole picture here, but if you track a mobile app, you still have to track some alias which should be a URL address equivalent. If so, you can use Visits a page decision the same way as you’d do with pages. And you can add points for any action like Opens an email, submits a form, downloads an asset.

Make sure you test tracking when you are not logged in to Mautic. I use an incognito browser window for it.

Well its a native app so lets say a user loads a page that talks to my web service to fetch data. That service page that fetches the data can make a request to the API to add that user to a list, etc. The app has no web pages involved because everything is native, so I am trying to be creative using the API which is so close to working! I can add leads, update leads, etc, from my services, just cannot add/edit points.

yeah and logged out and opened a different browser altogether, and the lead points are not working on wildcard urls. I cannot for the life of me get points to change whatsoever using page views. In this case I am using the point action from my actual webpage not the app.

That is not possible right now. But there is a feature request for it:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/967

Make a comment to make it look like more people wants that feature.

You’ll have to create a point action or add points in form action or campaign action to change a lead’s points.

Im not seeing anywhere that I can edit the lead’s points. Is there a way to do this without setting a point action? I wanted to begin testing point actions and triggers, and wanted to manually set a leads points to see if the triggers work, and can’t find a way to edit the points.

Thanks,
John

I also tried to update points using the API to no avail. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks guys,
John