Email not possible to select in campaign; problems with segemtns

We want to use Mautic in our company, coming from another Email-Marketing-Software we used for years. Setup went well, but now I have various problems when building the first campaign:

1. I made a new email. I am able to send this email as a test email. BUT: When building a campaign (starting with a segment und then “Action - Send Email”) I cannot choose this email. The field is grayed out and says “There are no emails to choose from …”. Why is that?

2. I inserted a custom field (boolean) in order to have something to make a selection for my segment. I made a new segment with this field as a filter (“yes”). Then I manually inserted a new contact and filled this field with “yes”. BUT: The contact is not assigned to this segment, the segment still says “No contacts”.

Thanks for helping!

We want to use Mautic in our company, coming from another Email-Marketing-Software we used for years. Setup went well, but now I have various problems when building the first campaign:

1. I made a new email. I am able to send this email as a test email. BUT: When building a campaign (starting with a segment und then “Action - Send Email”) I cannot choose this email. The field is grayed out and says “There are no emails to choose from …”. Why is that?

2. I inserted a custom field (boolean) in order to have something to make a selection for my segment. I made a new segment with this field as a filter (“yes”). Then I manually inserted a new contact and filled this field with “yes”. BUT: The contact is not assigned to this segment, the segment still says “No contacts”.

Thanks for helping!