Email Weirdness

I am using Mautic on a LAMP stack with a separate SMTP email server. I can go into configuration, set everything up, and receive the test message. Next I go and create an email, click for the system to send me an example. No email.

I have another domain that I am using Mautic with, that was sending emails, now it appears after upgrade to 1.2, it appears that it is not. I tested this from both the live site form (email sent upon form completion) and from the admin screen, send an example.

I am using Mautic on a LAMP stack with a separate SMTP email server. I can go into configuration, set everything up, and receive the test message. Next I go and create an email, click for the system to send me an example. No email.

I have another domain that I am using Mautic with, that was sending emails, now it appears after upgrade to 1.2, it appears that it is not. I tested this from both the live site form (email sent upon form completion) and from the admin screen, send an example.

Can you look at the Mautic log (app/logs folder) and to the Apache log if there are any error messages?

Also, please, check that the emails are set to be send immediately (not in a queue) unless you trigger the email send in the cron job. If you use queue, check that the cron is working properly.

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username “[redacted]” using 1 possible authenticators

But SMTP authentication mode is set to “None”

Email is set to “Send Immediately”

In the logs I also found a number of occurrences of this message:
ERROR: Fatal: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) - in file /[path_to_mautic]/app/cache/prod/classes.php - at line 120 [] []

what do I need to do to clean that message up as well?

Update: browsing through other posts I saw a suggestion to delete the app/cache, I did that and test emails are now coming through.

Still would like a suggestion on clearing the Permission denied errors in the log.