No emails are being sent

Hi

I’ve been slowly getting to grips with Mautic and like what I see but I cannot get any emails to send.

I have setup Amazon SES in Configuration and when I press the “Send test email” button the email is sent and received.

Next, I created both a new Template and List email. In both cases when I try and send a sample email it says that the email has been sent but nothing it received.

Looking at the log for each test I can see this:

mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Unable to create a file for enqueuing Message [] []

Anyone else come across this error and know how to fix it?

Thanks

Hi

I’ve been slowly getting to grips with Mautic and like what I see but I cannot get any emails to send.

I have setup Amazon SES in Configuration and when I press the “Send test email” button the email is sent and received.

Next, I created both a new Template and List email. In both cases when I try and send a sample email it says that the email has been sent but nothing it received.

Looking at the log for each test I can see this:

mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Unable to create a file for enqueuing Message [] []

Anyone else come across this error and know how to fix it?

Thanks

Ok so this was because I had emails set to queue rather than be sent immediately.

To fix this I did the following:

1. created a new directory
sudo mkdir /tmp/spool
  1. gave apache permissions
sudo chown apache:apache /tmp/spool
  1. went to Mautic -> Configuration -> Email Settings

2. Changed “Path to the email queue directory” from %kernel.root_dir%/spool to /tmp/spool

Emails are now working. Hope this helps someone.

It seems Mautic just didn’t have the permission to create the spool directory in its root directory. Maybe it would be faster to make the permission correct for the Mautic root directory. But it’s great you’ve find a solution!

The pop-up help states that you should move the directory for the emails so that it is not accessible from the web:

That’s why I moved it to /tmp/spool rather than just changing the permissions.

Ah, you are right!

Just had this again and had to re-run my commands and found a slight problem in my earlier solution it should actually be:

sudo chown apache:apache /tmp/spool -R

@escopecz @williamsdb I am having a similar issue. If I set send queued emails only the drip emails are sent, the test emails and trigger email (the notification when a form is completed for example) are not sent.
What should I check?

In the log I see this error
[2016-10-13 10:26:07] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Unable to create a file for enqueuing Message [] []

What does it mean?

@giovanni in my case no emails were being sent whereas I think you are saying certain types are going? For me it was permissions. You can try my solution shown above ^^^ but it doesn’t sound like that will help you, sorry!

hi @williamsdb thank you for your prompt reply. Yes it seems that test emails and trigger emails are not sent if the email settings is set to queue. Only the emails sent to segments seem to work.

How can I create that?