Emails not displaying correctly

Hey all,

Ran into another small blip (or big depending on your view!), when i use the code builder for Emails and then view it. It show’s the email template very nicely, and even when i preview the url afterwards it looks good too. But here’s the catch, when I send the email to gmail account. It looses all format and just displays’s the writing, if sent to Outlook it will show most of the format but does not display all images which instead will leave a colored area.

I am currently using the Send example feature on the Mautic Email section

Thanks for all the help!!

1 Like

Hey all,

Ran into another small blip (or big depending on your view!), when i use the code builder for Emails and then view it. It show’s the email template very nicely, and even when i preview the url afterwards it looks good too. But here’s the catch, when I send the email to gmail account. It looses all format and just displays’s the writing, if sent to Outlook it will show most of the format but does not display all images which instead will leave a colored area.

I am currently using the Send example feature on the Mautic Email section

Thanks for all the help!!

Hi @Theobane. Coding emails and coding for the web are a bit different. If you want to hand-code emails, you’ll likely want to do a little bit of research to learn about best practices for email development.

For example: the various email clients (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) and devices do not all render email the same way. There are limitations on the css you can use, where you can use it (inline, head style tag) and other random quirks. Here’s a (mostly) up-to-date guide on CSS, for example: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

You also might try an email builder tool like this one, and then copy the final code into Mautic. And in case you’re interested, I also have some free and paid templates, designed specifically to work with Mautic, on my site: https://innotiom.com/

Hey Chris,

Thanks a million for that! I was thinking that it could be something like that.

Thank you for the help.

Regards
Theo