Preview mail in Outlook with incorrect display

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.3
My PHP version is: 8.0.28
My Database type and version is: MySQL

Your problem
My problem is:
When we send a test email, it is displayed incorrectly in Outlook 365. The images are truncated or only a narrow approx. 20px high. Everything looks fine in Gmail as an example.
If we now send this email correctly, everything looks correct.

The problem seems to have existed for a while, my colleagues say, I just want to get to the bottom of it now.

Preview Outlook

Preview Gmail

Hi, are you using the grapejs builder?

We are using stripo.email for the design.
The weird thing is as I said it only looks weird in the preview mail in Outlook. As soon as it is sent in Outlook everything is correct. And in G-Mail it looks correct in both cases. Hence the question of whether there is a difference between the preview and the final delivery. Otherwise it makes no sense why the images are displayed differently in the preview.

Final delivery and preview are using different rendering engine.
I know it doesn’t make sense, but that is how it is.
Do you use the code mode feature or paste it in into a template?
Joey

We use the API from stripo. Direct from Stripo to Mautic.

I’m not sure what Stripo does in the background during the API call.
Can you plz check if in your mautic database, emails table, template column, do you see mautic_code_mode as template for the email in question?

This is important, otherwise another template in use can modify the final html, which would account for the changes.

yes it is mautic_code_mode

Okay, so we know, that you have the proper HTML and Mautic will simply relay what you feed in.
My suspicion is, that Mautic doesn’t change the code, but the HTML is written in a way, that displays ‘wrong’ in Outlook. In other words: Stripo did not create an Outlook-proof HTML.

Joey

Interesting idea
However, the newsletter is correctly displayed when it runs through the final engine. Therefore, my suspicion continues that there are technical distinctions with the engine at your end. Or can that not be?

Hello,
I’m not sure what final engine is. If you have an email displayed in a browser preview in Stripo, that doesn’t mean it will actually look like that in outlook.
We use Litmus to test emails in 16 email readers incl. Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.
There is almost always a difference.
Joey

I think we’re talking at cross purposes. :slight_smile: We create the e-mail in Stripo - it then ends up with you through the API. I don’t mean the test by you with the optics by other browsers, but by the button “Preview” which sends an email to any email.

Can u plz send me the html zipped in private?