How exactly are people working around the Gmail/Builder issue?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1.2
My PHP version is: 7.4.27
My Database type and version is: 10.3.32-MariaDB

I am new to Mautic after discovering it for a client who needed to manage their own list and promotions privately. It took a while to figure out, but I’m finally getting to a place where everything is working…

I’ve searched extensively and seen a lot of conversation on the GrapesJS builder issues and the fact that emails are coming out with no formatting in GMail. Thus far I have seen a lot of conversation but haven’t yet been able to find a solution to this issue.

I’m used to building in builders like GrapeJS through other email providers (Infusionsoft, Active Campaign, Mailchimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, etc.) but most of my HTML knowledge has been out of date for years.

So what exactly ARE people using to design emails with images, proper formatting, background colors and such?

I also have access to Adobe Creative Cloud if that helps. Just looking for the most effective way to get in emails that send properly.

I’d love some specific ideas or workarounds people are using as I’m sure a fix will eventually come out.

Hi, can u plz pm me an example mjml code to see what you mean? I’m not sure where the problem is.

So I am using the GrapesJS builder with the “Blank” template. I’ve also tried with the other preinstalled templates and all are the same - they come through with no fonts, no styling, no background color, and images are not resized if they’re in the email at all (we resorted to removing all images).

I saw in previous posts that the Blank Template is broken - so I’m not sure if the answer to get it working is to buy a new template or find something that won’t remove all the formatting?