Error installing Mautic 3.0.1 Row size too large

Error installing Mautic 3.0.1 cpanel hosting (HostGator)

Help!

PHP Version: 7.2
Mautic Version: 3.0.1

First forgiveness for writing, I’m Brazilian and I’m using Google Translate, I need help to install Mautic in my HostGator hosting, the steps I followed to do the installation were:

1. cpanel / file manager / public_html / mautic / and here are the mautic files.
  2. I created a MySQL database (it is the only database on hostgator) I created an access user with all permissions.
  3. mydomain.com/mautic
  4. Next & Error ↓

An error occurred while attempting to add default data: An exception occurred while executing ‘CREATE INDEX mau_instagram_search ON mau_leads (instagram)’: SQLSTATE [42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

I don’t control my hosting database, so I can’t change to mariadb

Print

HostGator Software Versions:

I think you should consider a different hosting provider. Solving this problem will require access to the MySQL/MariaDB configuration file and restarting the MySQL server, and may even require upgrading MySQL. This kind of privileges is not available with a shared hosting solution like the one you have chosen.

A VPS with Unix root access is the minimum to install Mautic properly in my opinion. But this requires some Linux sysadmin skills.

1 Like

A VPS has the same value as a paid email marketing tool, it does not pay

Does any configuration on this panel resolve?