Error SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user

Hello, people! I’m a begginer, so I hope somebody will help me!

My website server is running PHP version 5.5.26.

I’m trying to install Mautic following this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P69JchkRgsQ

I did my best to follow it, my cpanel is different, but I think did all the steps right.

An error occured while attempting to connect to the database: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘u816209136_ mautc’@‘10.1.2.39’ (using password: YES)

This is happening because of the PHP version?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, people! I’m a begginer, so I hope somebody will help me!

My website server is running PHP version 5.5.26.

I’m trying to install Mautic following this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P69JchkRgsQ
I did my best to follow it, my cpanel is different, but I think did all the steps right.

An error occured while attempting to connect to the database: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘u816209136_ mautc’@‘10.1.2.39’ (using password: YES)

This is happening because of the PHP version?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, the error says:

Translated to the human language, the username or password to the database is not correct.

I have the same problem. Ubuntu 14.04 All packages updated. Using the zip package.

“An error occurred while attempting to add default data: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)”

I have tried with the admin creds, new creds, and manually created creds. Nothing works. Same thing with Mysqli does not work. I checked the local.php and all the fields are populating correctly. I also wrote a small little php test script to check the connection both classic php and as pdo. Both work fine both locally (ssh) and remotely though a browser.

I also temporarily took the entire firewall down, still no good.

The error message changes sometimes depending on the username password combination. Sometimes it says YES for password sometimes NO and sometimes it states the username that was used in the fields or sometimes it just states “user”. No matter what the error message states the local.php file is getting populated correctly.

I have looked through all the help guides and stumped.

I also get errors in the log file related to filename depreciated as of 2.7. Use name instead. It’s unclear what is driving that error. But it might be related as the time stamps line up pretty well. That is the only thing that seems to be triggered during the test connections.

Can anybody offer some help?

I had a problem with joomla once where the MySQL database username randomly changed and didn’t match the username joomla had (not the one I was typing in; it was joomla’s username to access the database, in a php file somewhere). Maybe check your MySQL database through cpanel and confirm the username and password there match what mautic is using to access it.

Ran for the 100th time,

php app/console cache:clear --env=prod

Suddenly dbconnection was established and I was able to complete the step. I am nearly certain nothing else had changed and I ran that command many time before. The application redirected to /s/dashboard did not work. When I manually typed /index.php/s/dashboard. I was able to log in. But then some applications were working but some not.

I seem to be making progress by completing some of the steps and then chmod -R 777 the entire website, which is very very wrong but it is at least forwarding the ball.

Thanks Elenchus. After the discovery above, I think this is some kind of weird permissions issue. Its like the setup creates a few files but then cannot write to them.