Fake contact added with fake graph

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.1
My PHP version is: 7.3
My Database type and version is: not sure

Your problem
My problem is:
I found add contact form Contact Added widget, is show have several number contact has added.
but I never run any form or any campaign for that…

when I check my contact menu, that no one contact or email added…
I check my sql on _leads table, I see lot NULL item without name and email…

how to fix it? or how to delete NULL item on that…?

thanks before

They seem to be anonimous contacts. Your site visitors. The basis of marketing automation is to track these contacts and turn anonymous into known contact.
J

are this normal…?

how to fix it…? this happen impact to mysql file size.

Well, that is the point.
You install tracking, and contacts are tracked. If you don’t want tracking, just remove the tracking code…
Mautic has powerful features to turn unknown contacts into known contacts, and scale marketing. Search for ‘focus items’.
Regards:
Joey

Thanks @joeyk

Yes… I install the tracking on my website and my landingpage, but how to stop mautic to save unknown or user with NULL id to mysql …?
So the graph will only show new contact with email id

or what I miss a setting up…?
this like a spammy act

Hi,
You added the tracking to track visitors. If you want to restrict to track only known visitors, thats okay too - make sure you fire the Javascript only if there are known visitors.
You can even make an adjustment to pass the email address:

You can read more about tracking here:

The id is actually not NULL. You are looking at the wrong ID.

Again: Mautic is doing, what you instructed him to do: track all page visitors :slight_smile: I don’t think that’s spammy :slight_smile:

However if you’d like to get rid of unknown cotacts every day, you can create a Segment, where you grab all the unknow contacts, and create a campaign, where you delete them. Thats it.

Thanks…
I got the point about how to mautic do the tracking…

However if you’d like to get rid of unknown cotacts every day, you can create a Segment, where you grab all the unknow contacts, and create a campaign, where you delete them. Thats it.

this interesting… create a segment to collect this unknown contact, and run a campaign step to delete the contact…

but make me confusing is… what “source” step we choice at campaign, in fact I not get the email from this unknow contact as a trigger to delete…?

:face_with_monocle:

A segment of contacts without email:

EMAIL = is empty

1 Like

You have to think out of the box a bit :slight_smile:
This is why Mautic is great: give you the opportiunity to TALK to your unknown website visitors.
You can show them a popup for example and ask for their email.

1 Like

Thanks
I will try this…

I hope find solution on this…

Wow @joeyk

thanks… it work… i get this
LOL

and deleted now… :grinning:

Thanks

Because that unknow contact now collected by segment…
so I can click and see when and how they collect to my mautic…
and I get this info

I check the folder /service/payment…
but that folder is not exist…
and all unknow contact tracking by this page hit

it is bug…? or maybe I miss a setting of configuration?