First Steps

Hello,

I’m starting on this web word. So I think my question is a little stupid. But It’s ok. I really need some help. I did the mautic download but I don’t Know how I put this on my dominian. I made the domain settings on DigitalOcean. I need the command to put the mautic inside. I know it’s a very basic question, but if anyone can help me I will be hugely grateful. Can be a zip file.

Thank you a lot!

Hello,

I’m starting on this web word. So I think my question is a little stupid. But It’s ok. I really need some help. I did the mautic download but I don’t Know how I put this on my dominian. I made the domain settings on DigitalOcean. I need the command to put the mautic inside. I know it’s a very basic question, but if anyone can help me I will be hugely grateful. Can be a zip file.

Thank you a lot!

Hi Raquel.

Here are the steps to follow.

NOTE: Make sure you have PHP V5.6.4 or greater running on your website, otherwise it wont install.
YOU need to check this BEFORE you try and install.
You may need to contact your host and ask them to update it to that version or greater.

Now that you have that out of the way…

In digital ocean you should have access to a ‘cpanel’ i.e yourdomainname.com/cpanel.

Go to the “File Manager” and then navigate to the public html area … i.e. “public_html/yourdomain name.com

NOTE: I do recommend installing Mautic in its own folder so that no other files are overwritten.

So at the home level, select “New Folder” and call it something original like Mautic!

Navigate to that folder.

Now in that area in the menu there should be an option to “upload”.

Select this option. You then need to browse to the mautic.zip file you saved. Then upload into that sub folder.

This might take 5 minutes or more depending on the speed of your internet upload.

Once its uploaded you then need to Unzip it.

So in file manager you need to click on the mautic.zip file then select “unzip” from the menu.

If everything has worked this will now extract the files into the sub folder you have specified.

Assuming you have now unzipped mautic correctly in its own folder you need to ‘install’ it in your system.

To do this you should now open up a new TAB in your web browser.
Enter in your mautic installation url i.e assume your installation directory is “yourdoamin.com/mautic” just type that in.

This should then start the install process.

I hope this helps…