Totally new: HELP! :)

Hello,

fast presentation: I’m an Italian Undergraduate in Marketing currently writing my Master thesis about Marketing Automation. I have so far some theorical knowledge about Marketing Automation and practical experience as SEO. I wanted to get now some practice with Marketing Automation softwares and I have choosed Mautic, but since the beginning I have some troubles. How can I install it in the cpanel? Thank you everyone :)

Hello,

fast presentation: I’m an Italian Undergraduate in Marketing currently writing my Master thesis about Marketing Automation. I have so far some theorical knowledge about Marketing Automation and practical experience as SEO. I wanted to get now some practice with Marketing Automation softwares and I have choosed Mautic, but since the beginning I have some troubles. How can I install it in the cpanel? Thank you everyone :slight_smile:

Your not the only one I would recommend NOT installing 2.01. as it is full of bugs and just plain does not work. I have just reverted back v1. As a developer I really cannot understand why people release applications full of bugs and them offer no support or advice on how to solve, I have wasted 3 days trying to get timeout errors and screen that just dont load working on 2 sepearte platforms now.

To answer your question you will need to check your cpanal that the version of PHPyour are running is high enough as many hosting conpanies use older version of PHP. Pick a php version higher than 5.6+ Upload Mautic via FTP to your Server as permissions will be set to 775 & 644 for you usually. Create a MySQL database + User and grant access to the User to the Database. Load into your browser and follow the instructions and you should be ok.

Good luck you will need it…

Your not the only one I would recommend NOT installing 2.01. as it is full of bugs and just plain does not work. I have just reverted back v1. As a developer I really cannot understand why people release applications full of bugs and them offer no support or advice on how to solve, I have wasted 3 days trying to get timeout errors and screen that just dont load working on 2 sepearte platforms now.

To answer your question you will need to check your cpanal that the version of PHPyour are running is high enough as many hosting conpanies use older version of PHP. Pick a php version higher than 5.6+ Upload Mautic via FTP to your Server as permissions will be set to 775 & 644 for you usually. Create a MySQL database + User and grant access to the User to the Database. Load into your browser and follow the instructions and you should be ok.

Good luck you will need it…[/quote]

Thank yoy for your answer! :slight_smile: so you are basically telling me that is better to give up? :smiley:

[quote=13888:@eurogroup]Your not the only one I would recommend NOT installing 2.01. as it is full of bugs and just plain does not work. I have just reverted back v1. As a developer I really cannot understand why people release applications full of bugs and them offer no support or advice on how to solve, I have wasted 3 days trying to get timeout errors and screen that just dont load working on 2 sepearte platforms now.

Good luck you will need it…[/quote]

Thank yoy for your answer! :slight_smile: so you are basically telling me that is better to give up? :smiley:

It is a good system when it works but i really regret upgrading as I have had no end of problems since then and little to no support. Error logs are just a joke when it comes to timeouts as they show nothing.

But If you get it working it is a great marketing tool. I am not giving up yet as going to run the application on new relic to see where the problems are coming from but if I have not resolved my issue sby the end of the week bye bye mautic…

@eurogroup I don’t think you should talk like that about the Mautic project when you get in this journey you know this is an open source project and the open source project depends on the community to help develop and support the product.

Or you are the type of user that take advantage of open source download the software and start asking for stuff that you know the project don’t have or are supported at the moment and then when someone explains the reason why is no possible have that features go crazy and start negative comments on the software.

I’m not a developer I’m just a Marketing guys but even my know that the project is open source I make backup or test in another environment the news release before use in a production environment.

@fabs18 Never give up in life before even try.

I have tried it on 3 different environments and it is near impossible to help the community as you put it as no errors show up in any logs and that is on three serperate development machines. I would never place v2 on any production machine as it stands.

I do like this project but no replies to any problems does not help either me or the community going forward.

I have finally solved this issue and thank you and other members of the for helping me resolve this issue. fabs18 I’ll also try send you over a cPanel guide also.

In case any one else is running a similar system internally without using external hosting conpanies here is a marketing platform built on CentOS 7 servers using Open Source & Commercial Software in this case iRedMail Server, Mautic & PowerMTA. If I have time over the next few weeks I will produce a comprehensive guide to help anyone else going down a similar route.

OK Internally I have built a iRedMail Mail server with multiple domains (4 so far). I have second machine running Mautic running off an Apache Virtual Host with more to come. Finally for sending Mail I have installed on a third & fourth virtual machine running Power MTA & Power MTA Management Console.

DNS A Records & a border firewall route specific ports to the respective machines local IP addresses and on each CentOS Server IP Tables match the ports opened on the Firewall. For inbound & Outbound connections each of the machines has a seperate external IP address from a pool assigned by our ISP.

So my issues. Power MTA was listening on a local IP address 10.23.0.112 however Mautic was sending SMTP traffic outwards using the FQDN. By changing the SMTP address from the FQDN to a local IP address 10.23.0.112 the connection to PowerMTA was resolved immediately. Now all outgoing mail goes direct to the MTA and PowerMTA assignes mail to a VirtualMTA based of the incoming filter rules.

The IMAP accounts for abuse/postmaster etc were the same by changing the IMAP server addresses from the FQDN to the local IP in this case 10.23.0.110 all the accounts connected immediately. PowerMTA can probably do this also but as DMARC & FBL records use email addresses set uo in DNS these can go direct to the Redmail Server.

I don’t know if Mautic is at fault, me for bring stupid or SwiftMail but routing/firewalls are key to a marketing automation platform especially if PowerMTA or a similar sending system has been set up to send mail and maby some sort of check/prompt should be built onto the exceptions of one of these applications. I am sure that i am not the only person running mail servers & marketing systems internally.

I still have some minor issues with time to access configuration pages 2 minutes in some cases in firebug but this i can live with for now as I am now going to look at some of the routing policies on the Draytek and see if tidying up some policies may help…

If anyone is interested in a setup guide for a similar system I will post very soon…

Most people with Mautic problem have created their own chaos. There is a way to install it, but if people insist on going a non typical route, they have problems then bitch and complain here. They create their own problems then blame Mautic.

I have had no issues with Mautic, it has been rock solid for over 6 months, and I have done every upgrade. And this is the case for everyone that has followed my video tutorials. So don’t listen to XYZ member that tells you it doesn’t work, then goes on to late talk about their wacked out environment they tried to install it in.