For blind screen reader users, all combo boxes in the mautic admin are inaccessible

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.0.0
My PHP version is: 7.4.21
My Database type and version is: mysql (percona server) 8.0.23_14

Your problem
My problem is:

So I am blind, and use a screen reader to access my computer. The admin pages in mautic seem to use some heavy javascript based combo box replacement, which doesn’t work at all with screen readers. The screen reader sees a item that says it can be clicked with the current setting, then a text box. However, I can’t type in the text box and select anything, and screen reader have a very hard problem clicking things virtually. I posted a bug on github, but I figured I’d post here to see if anyone can think of a workaround or quick patch.

These errors are showing in the log: Not log related.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

1. Turn off css to show the original combo box, the combo box shows items, but updating it doesn’t update the javascript box, so mautic thinks nothing has been selected.
  2. Find, grep, vim, and echo through lots of files with javascript of css content, trying to find the offending select code and neutralize it, to no avail.
  3. Now I’m posting here. Any thoughts on how to get around this? Should I hope and pray that my issue with no comments in a couple days gets fixed in the next year?

Thanks!

Hi @lilmike and thank you so much for taking the time to raise this issue and provide us with a detailed write up.

I will raise this on GitHub for the core team to review and decide how we approach fixing this.

The issue is here.