Mautic Community Forums

Mautic installs, but 'The site is currently offline due to encountering an error' below all pages

Hi all - first time installing Mautic last night - after overcoming the initial fileinfo requirement, we got everything installed and all appeared to be well - the 3 steps completed and we were presented with the login screen.



I successfully logged in, and was presented with the home screen, however I found any link I clicked triggered the progress bar scroller (in the Mautic interface) - but the page does not change. no console errors reported, have tried in multiple browsers, and tried reinstalling Mautic.



Bizarrely, if I manually navigate to a page by typing the new URL, the site proceeds to that page fine - but of course makes life painfully hard and a lot of the button functionality is rendered unusable.



Would massively appreciate help if anybody has experienced anything similar/same, or has a proposed solution!



Thanks, Ben

Hi all - first time installing Mautic last night - after overcoming the initial fileinfo requirement, we got everything installed and all appeared to be well - the 3 steps completed and we were presented with the login screen.

I successfully logged in, and was presented with the home screen, however I found any link I clicked triggered the progress bar scroller (in the Mautic interface) - but the page does not change. no console errors reported, have tried in multiple browsers, and tried reinstalling Mautic.

Bizarrely, if I manually navigate to a page by typing the new URL, the site proceeds to that page fine - but of course makes life painfully hard and a lot of the button functionality is rendered unusable.

Would massively appreciate help if anybody has experienced anything similar/same, or has a proposed solution!

Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben,

That is indeed odd and reads like the ajax requests are hitting errors server side. What is the response of one of the ajax requests after clicking a link?

Check app/logs to see if anything is recorded that might shed light on the situation as well.

Thanks!
Alan

Having the same issue here.

Cracked it! Thanks for the tip alanhartless, I went to the log file and was greeted with a stream of FATAL errors due to deprecated use of ‘#’ for commenting. When I’d mentioned to the hosting tech support I was going to remove fileinfo reference and rebuild PHP, they ‘helpfully’ offered to do it for me - however rather than removing the extension reference to fileinfo, they had commented it out - with a ‘#’! Replacing the offending rogue # with a ; removed the error, and Mautic now appears to function as expected. Thanks again!

It’s worth noting for others struggling, I initially just removed the #, and then an alternate error in logs appeared ‘fileinfo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory’ (since fileinfo is built in and not found at the extensions path). This replicates the error displaying under pages, and the ajax non-functionality so be sure to replace rather than just delete those #'s!

Thanks again for the swift response,

Ben