Forms don't honour lookup settings

Hi there. I’ve creating my first Mautic form (holy crap - a real live project! - I’m excited).

My form has a salutation field on it (linked to the title field in the contact). The contact title field is a lookup with Mr, Miss, Mrs, and Ms (I added the last one).

However, in my form - the salutation field is free text. Am I missing something here? I would expect it to take look up values from the field setting.

Regards

Hi there. I’ve creating my first Mautic form (holy crap - a real live project! - I’m excited).

My form has a salutation field on it (linked to the title field in the contact). The contact title field is a lookup with Mr, Miss, Mrs, and Ms (I added the last one).

However, in my form - the salutation field is free text. Am I missing something here? I would expect it to take look up values from the field setting.

Regards

All, just bringing this back to the top. This seems really key. What am I missing?

Bueller… Bueller…
Anyone?
Does anyone have a real world use case of using Mautic forms with anything other than free text entry?

@MxyzptlkFishStix ,
I’ve:

• gone to forms,
  • then selected the form in question,
  • then clicked on edit,
  • then clicked on fields.
  • then double click one of my fields
    and get this screen

There is no properties option?

Or are you talking about the fields config? If so, I’ve set the fields in question to be lookup.

Are you saying they have to be of type ‘select’ or something to have the select lists honoured in forms?

@MxyzptlkFishStix , now that was the missing link. Thanks