Forms: several fields of type Text in the form

Your software
My Mautic version is: 5.1.1
My PHP version is: 8.2.20-nmm1
My Database type and version is: MariaDB 10.6.18

Your problem
My problem is: Fresh Mautic installation only allows inserting form fields of type Text.

These errors are showing in the log: no

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I’m new to Mautic, so I don’t know where to start.

In the following video at minute 7:00 I saw that you can apparently add multiple form fields with the type text in the form field.

I actually did everything relevant as in the video.

The Firstname field is a form field of type Text, but if I want to enter a second form field with the type Text, unfortunately there is no longer one (see second image).

2024-10-06_19-35

I meant the normal “Text” input field, because it only offered me “Text: Paragraph” and “Text: Short Answer”.

Hi!
Mautic design hasn’t changed too much between 2014 and 2023, but with the arrival of Mautic 5 there are fundamental changes. This video is from 2020, showing a Mautic 3 probably, where the wording in forms used to be different.

In M1-4 we used the expression TEXT for a SHORT ANSWER in M5, limiting your imput to 192 characters.
In M1-4 we used the expression TEXT AREA for a TEXT PARAGRAPH in M5, giving you the chance to enter longer text (like in a contact form.)

But they are essentially the same. Just the wording has changed.

Joey

Hi @joeyk ,

I was surprised that when I created a form field “Text” without any specification was offered for the first text field and that this was no longer available for further fields.

Regards, Matze