Froala Editor

Hi everybody,

I think a lot of user have problem with the new Froala editor when we import HTML.

I asked me one question : why using in a opensource software with a GPL license like Mautic an editor with a closed license ? There are a lot of others open source editors with nice features. I think changing Froala is a real necessity in the futur. Since the version 2 is out, I decided to keep the version 1.4.1 because I had so many difficulties with this html editor.

Appart of this problem, Mautic is a fantastic software and I give all my suport to the developper team,

Thank you for your work,

Hi everybody,

I think a lot of user have problem with the new Froala editor when we import HTML.

I asked me one question : why using in a opensource software with a GPL license like Mautic an editor with a closed license ? There are a lot of others open source editors with nice features. I think changing Froala is a real necessity in the futur. Since the version 2 is out, I decided to keep the version 1.4.1 because I had so many difficulties with this html editor.

Appart of this problem, Mautic is a fantastic software and I give all my suport to the developper team,

Thank you for your work,

I agree having the ability to paste my own html without it being modified by the editor would be great. Also having a plain text option to send would be great. The editor continues to add massive amounts of code to the emails and I have to go in and remove it every time.

Curious when this update will be implemented into Mautic. Cant wait!

I would LOVE to see an option whereby the editor could be completely disabled. Reality is that the default templates are limited. We’ve created numerous custom templates - and Froala gets in the way of something that we want to do - every time. We’d love to just switch it off.

I appreciate that the developer community is trying hard to make Mautic as user-friendly as possible for non-tech users. At the moment, more technical and/or creative users are being stifled by Froala. Just my thoughts.

Thanks kuzmany. I saw that a few hours ago and have commented on the thread. It would be great if others could comment too, to add weight to the push to have a default way of disabling this very intrusive tool.

I really appreciate that Mautic is adressing that issue and building a workaround (code mode) for that. But what are the plans beside that?
The code mode will be a feasible solution for technical people, but our customers expect a wysiwyg frontend. If your target audience are marketing people you simply can’t expect that they modify HTML code.

Is there a official statement from the Mautic core team about that?

@wittwerch head over to the Github thread referenced above and put your views forward there. That’s what the dev team will be reading. And I agree with you!

My personal guess on why there is so much pushback from the dev team on replacing Froala is that one of them personally paid for the license. So now they wont replace it because that would be several hundred dollars down the drain.

I am beginning to think if we want a good replacement put in we need to find another developer to do it, and submit our own Pull Request.

@manageit, Mautic has just received $5 million in VC funding. A new CEO starts very soon and their monetization plan is to go after the big end of town. My guess is that things like this will become less of an issue over time. In the interim, maybe go and add your support to the thread mentioned above and let’s see if we can get some fairly immediate action on this.

Everyone complaining about Froala really needs to go and read this thread on Slack. I now totally get why the dev community is not wanting to jump and change Froala in the immediate future. It’s worth the time invested to gain an understanding of it:

https://mautic.slack.com/archives/general/p1477646218002459